Concerned about "new" symptoms...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shaz73, Mar 13, 2012.

1. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

Hi, I have CFS, and in recent weeks have developed new symptoms of pain in hands, arms, neck and worsening in my back pain. I went to the nurse last week and she put it down to a virus, but its not getting any better and I am getting concerned about it. She checked my heart and blood pressure and all normal. Also some tingling at times in arms, hands, face. I think I am turning into a hypocondraic! But it is scary when you get new unexplained sypmtoms, isnt it? Think I better go to the doctors again....

Any advice, similar experiences out there? A reply would be much appreciated...

2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Sorry that you are feeling worse.

The key is finding what is causing your symptoms.

Many people with symptoms like yours, have discovered that they have a combo of chronic infections.

Many people on this board have found that they have a chronic Borrelia burgdorferi infection (Lyme disease), along with common coinfections like Bartonella, Babesia, etc.

Typical antibody testing for Lyme is very unreliable because the Lyme bacteria supresses the immune system, among other things.

Many people had a simple ELISA or Lyme screen, which was negative, or a western blot, which was read as CDC negative, yet they still have Lyme disease.

I encourage you to read this information:

Great symptom list on pages 9-11:

I went 21 years with a fibromyalgia diagnosis, when I discovered through my own research, that the FM (and other symptoms like fatigue, sleep problems)was a symptom of this common but serious chronic infection. I have gotten better with long term treatment.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/14/2012]
  3. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

for your replies. I've got an appointment with my GP (I'm in the UK) tomorrow morning at silly o'clock (rather early!) but at least I got in quickly.
    I had a bath this afternoon which brought a lot of relief but the relief hasnt lasted alas.

4. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

The symptoms have been fluctuating a bit - yesterday was a much better day thanks. Not feeling quite so good this morning so far - tingling in arms, hands, face, plus a lovely unsettled tummy.

I had to reschedule my doctors appt as I just couldnt get out of bed in time for the early one yesterday. I thought it would do me more good to rest than rush to the doctors.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry for this development. With CFIDS/ME, we are prone to other conditions and infections. It could be any number of conditions which can cause pain and tingling. I hope and pray the doc can help you.

Love, Mikie
  6. Allen

Allen Member

I wonder if you also have Fibro????