Concerned for my 16yr old Daughter-please pray~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Oct 18, 2005.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

my daughter has been suffering stomach pains for the past 2 wks, which have been gettting worse. No diarhea, no vomiting. Took her to the doctor yesterday who sent us to the ER for blood tests to see what her white blood cell count was. Suspecting appendix. White blood count was normal, but her abdomen is very tender especially on the lower right side.
    Tomorrow she has an ultra sound at 3:30pm Central time, to see if they can see anything. I am hoping that it is her appendix, so they can remove it and the problem is then solved. This not knowing what it is , is very hard. She also suffers for bad miagraine headaches very frequently, and hasn't been her usual bubbly self for a LONG time.
    Please pray for her. Her name is Jerica.
    Thank you,
    Raz
  2. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

But my daughter had the same problem 2 months ago.She was 19 then.It ended up being endometriosis.Once the endo. was removed she felt much better than was put on the birth control seasonal which only allows 3 to 4 periods a year which helps stop endo. from spreading.But you really need to get that appendix checked first.We spent 2 nights in the ER with the same problem.They did an MRI with contrast and it showed that her appendix was fine.Fortunately we found a great GYN that took endo. seriously and knew that endo. can strike at any age.He had to perform a laporoscopy and she came home that day.She had more pain from having her wisdom teeth removed that the surgery for endo.
    I hope I haven't scared you but I just wanted to share with you what my daughter went through and maybe it is something that can be looked into if all else looks normal.

Hope she gets well soon,
    Sheila
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

did your daughter have heavy , painful periods? My daughters are quite light and she has never had a single cramp. I am glad your daughter is better now. Will she be able to have children?
    Raz
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so sorry that your daughter is ill. I will keep her and you in my prayers.

Kathy.
  5. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers for a quick recovery.

Kelly
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I pray that you find out quickly what your daughter's problems is.

If they find out that it's her appendix, I am sure they will act quickly to remove it.

I hate to hear that she suffers from frequent migraines. I, too, used to suffer from them. At her age, it's probably a hormonal thing--an imbalance that maybe the doc could remedy. Even though she has probably never been to a GYN, I would get an appointment and have one run some blood test to check her hormones, etc.

Hope Jerica has a speedy recovery,

Hugs,
    Janet
  7. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

Prayers are sent for Jerica for a quick return to good health and to comfort you mom.
  8. kat_tastrophe

kat_tastrophe New Member

I hope everything turns out OK.

Hubby has had something like that twice, first time was a kidney stone. They thought for sure it was appendix at first as well.

The second time his turned out to be a diverticulitis attack. Neither required much intervention which was good.

Praying that your daughter improves soon!

~Kat
  9. DVoit

DVoit New Member

I'm sorry your daughter is ill. Nothing is worse than you child being sick. I will be thinking of you.

Donna
  10. heavenlyanimals

heavenlyanimals New Member

i will be praying for your daughter. i too ask for all your prayers. i can not believe when i read your post. i to spent over four hours in e,r mon night for the same thing. pain in stomach and tender all over stomach and sides. they did an ct scan and said they really could m=not see the appendix all that well but that i had blood in urine and bacteria so they they that itis a bladder and uti but that it still may be the appendix. i was so frustrated. went back to my family doc and she thinks that it is a bladder inf. but i am not better. my stomach is killing me. i told her that it started with the pain in the upper stomach right between the breast . then the stomach just felt like it was getting bigger and bigger, then the pain was all over. i am going tomorrow to the gastro doc and see what he thinks. i can not stand this pain in upper stomach. i was told that it might be esphogus musle spasms . all i know is iam tired of the pain and all the crying. i would rather hurt anywhere than there. i know it is not heart. they are sending me for a pelvic ultra sound monday and to my urologist. they did find that the tumor i have on my left adrinal gland has got bigger. so i will pray for you and would appreciate all your prayers.
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

for observation for my 15 years old appendix.

they think it may be a recurrent appendicitis. he was vomiting, nasua, fever and yes the pain in lower right quadrant, the mcburney area. the had him tested and his withe blood cells were elevate.

they did cat scan show fluid in adominal area and the appendix appeared to be normal. but that doesn't mean he is not having appendicitis.

the doctor said he could do the surgery and take it out if i wanted or we could do the wait and see approach and keep him there and see if things change.

well the wbc went down and fever went to normal and the pain has subsided.

he just wanted to get back to playing football for his high school team. since he just back from getting his finger crushed in practice and having surgery and pins put in it. so he has missed half the season already. but if he has this problem again more than likely they will do exploratory surgery and take it out.

the doctor siad it could be a virus that attacks that area or ibd. chron's disease. so we don't quite know what it is yet just going with the flow right now. hopefully he won't have it happen untill after football the he can have the surgery done if needed again.
    there are so many things that could be causing the pain for your daughter. could be ovatian cysts, scar tissue. pid, ibd....etc....

good luch and she will be just fine whatever it is...

jodie
  12. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

I am sorry to hear about your daughter, I am sure you are suffering too to see her in pain. I pray for Jerica and also for you to give you strength. Warm hugs coming to both of you, mom3
  13. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

I also have you in my prayers that everything is ok and you do not suffer with pain anymore. Try to put a hot water bottle and drink camomile tea, try to do anything soothing in the meantime till you see your doctor. Warm hugs to you too, mom3
  14. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

at all of your responses. Thank you and bless you for it. Kat posted a separted thread called Razorqueen, and I posted on there what has happened up to date. Once again, thank you for your prayers, and please continue, as we will need them!
    Blessings,
    Raz
  15. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

could it be a cyst on her ovary. That happened to my step daughter and once the cyst burst she was pain free. I hope you find out soon. Its such a worry.
    hugs, poodlemum