Concert Was Awesome PTL

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Nov 8, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. They really carried me through. The kids did an awesome job. I was so proud of them. The parents kept clapping and clapping and it was so nice to hear that after all the kids hard work pulling this together. We played things really really fast but I just went with it because I knew there was no holding them back. LOL. I felt good today and no headache or anything. I was really tired coming home before the concert but after getting ready on my way back to school I just felt a real peace and I was just thanking God for how He has brought me through some really difficult times in the last year. I am so grateful for all of you. I don't know if you remember but I came here looking for new friends because I had just lost my closest friend. I feel like I now have friends all of the country and Canada and it is such a blessing. God is so good and has filled me up to the brim. The Bible says He is our portion and He is enough. I love you all and thank you so much for your encouragement, support and prayers. They got me through. I am going to need strengh for tomorrow as I am really getting to bed late but I know it will be alright.

Love,
    Nancy
  2. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I have teacher meetings in 3 mintues. Actually a breakfast first even though I already ate at home. LOL. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers. By the way, how was your trail ride and camp out. Did you survive. Where abouts did you go if you want to reveal. I am from Decatur but live in the Chicago area now but visit my family downstate quite a bit. I will be down there for Thanksgiving.

I didn't get to bed till 11. My usual is 8:30 since I get up at 4:20 every morning. I was amazed at how awake I am today. I think I am going on Holy Ghost power right now. Got to run. Thanks again.

Love,
    Nancy
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Bravissimo! Another notch in your career belt. Way to go girl.
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so happy that the kids played well and you were feeling okay. PTL! We were all thinking about you and praying for you last night.

We will pray that the Holy Ghost power gets you through the parent teacher conferences. :)

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

I knew God would get you through it. Tommorrow will sail by. Lord please mulitply the hours that Nancy sleeps tonight so that it will be as if she has had 8 hrs. sleep. Amen.
    Congrats on a job well done.
    Cath
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thanks so much for your nice words of encouragement. I am in that tired after glow of a concert that went great. It is a great feeling but I am tired. I slept in today and I really needed that. The weather has turned very cold now so I am trying to get ready for the long haul. Winter is always a challenge for me. I am continuing to pray for you dear sister. I hope things are better for you now. Take care. Your prayers and support mean so much to me.

Love,
    Nancy
  7. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have to admit that for many years when I have struggled to teach with FM I felt like I would never make it to the end of my career. It was becoming a burden of unbelievable proportions. I am single and have no one else to depend on. I have the Lord, and He is showing me that HE is my portion. After coming to this board I have such an appreciation for what I still have instead of mourning the things that I have lost. I used to play clarinet professionally and I am not able to play at all now except little spurts when I am teaching. I have mentioned this book several times and those who have noticed will think I am the SLOWEST reader in the world. I do have little time to read so when I am out to eat I take this book and I would really recommend it to you. In fact I am just reading some things that you mentioned in your post. It is called Where Is God When It Hurts by Philip Yancey. It is heavy and deep and at times depressing but encouraging in the end if that makes any sense.

I have been praying for your SS to come through for you every day. Take care and know how much I appreciate you and all on this board.

Love,
    Nancy
  8. kgangel

kgangel New Member

God Bless you Bandwoman, I am so happy for you and the Wonderul concert, so glad that all went well for you.

I know I am not on here a lot anymore, but you are always in my prayers

God Bless you
    hugs
    kgangel

I think of you often
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

Dear Nancy, I'm so happy that the concert went really well.
    What a relief and a joy!

I hope you have been basking in that feeling of accomplishment.

Thank God for all his faithful help to you.

I have read Philip Yancey's books also - think I'll go check my shelves, and take another look.

Love, Judy
  10. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

It is so good to hear from you. I MISS you. Thank you so much. I know that you are trying to get your own website off the ground. How is that coming along? When I read that last post of yours I didn't know if that meant you would be leaving us here. I kinda suspected that so that is why it is so good to hear from you. I prayed for you this morning as I pray for many, many on this board individually every morning. It has blessed me so much to meet all of you and I consider you all good friends now.

It is very cold here today so I imagine way up your way in NY it is probably starting to feel like winter now. Uggggh.

Which reminds me that I have to put my storm windows in today. I tried one this morning and I struggled so much with it that I about gave up. I always call on the Lord and He always helps me with these things when I need it.

You take care and it was great hearing from you. I am trying to kick back a little today. (Trying and doing don't always pan out if you know what I mean.)

Thanks for your prayers. They mean more that you will ever know.

Love,
    Nancy
  11. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Thank you. All of you guys really lift me up that is for sure. You probably don't know this or even remember but you were the first person on this board to welcome me back in August I think it was.

I started on the FM board and then found the worship board and found my home here for sure. Even though I don't know you very well I prayed for you this morning.

I pray for all on this board every morning individually and then if I forget someone through out the day the Lord will put someone on my heart and then I pray for them then.

I read some more of that book this morning as I went out for breakfast. That book is so powerful and so good for people who are either the ones in pain or the ones trying to offer comfort to ones in pain.

I am glad that books are there for you. That is really great. I unfortunately don't have much time for reading and when I do have a few minutes of precious free time I usually don't have the energy or mental ability to absorb at those times and need down time in other ways.

I bet it is getting pretty cold in New Jersey about now. It is very cold in the Chicago area today. We are supposed to get snow. Ugggg. Not ready for that yet. I need to get my heated bird bath up and running. I still have my regular bird bath out there and it is going to be frozen solid if I don't do something soon.,

One of my passions is feeding the birds and watching them. I love animals and wildlife and it is so much fun for me to watch the finches and all the assorted wildlife that comes to my backyard. Even though I am in a large suburban city I am near a river so deer and other fun things sometimes come along my way.

My most exciting few days one year was watching this white parakeet that had probably got away from someone's cage and it somehow was flying in and out with the wild birds. The birds would come a few times a day to eat and it would fly right in there with them. I saw it over about a three day period and then I was leaving to go out of town for several days. When I got back it was gone. I was sad as I called the local pet store asking if it could survive in this cold and they said no. It was summer at the time.

I just hope it somehow found a warm spot before it was too late. Well take care and good talking to you.

Love,
    Nancy

12. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I know sometimes we reply to each other and it sort of gets lost in the shuffle. I wanted those who took the time to say nice things about my concert to know that I acknowledged that and wrote to all of you either on this post or another. Hopefully you will see it. Thanks again.

Love,
    Nancy
  13. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Band woman and all

I could never give up this site, I have felt to close to all who come here. I am working on my site everyday and just trying to figure out a way to try to fight these chronic pain diseases and get the word out there about them all too. You can just never have enough people trying to do that, since there are still so many that are misinformed.

I know I am probably not missed much on here because there are so many concerns and needs and so many beautiful people here, but I will be praying always even when I do not post.

I love all the people here and truly do miss coming more often

hugs
    kgangel

Thank you so much for your kind words
  14. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I like your idea of roughing it. Kind of goes along with my thoughts on the subject as well. LOL I am glad you made it. Didn't that give you a mental boost even though you had to recover? The last time I rode a horse I ended up almost sliding completly off. You can guess I don't ride. Ha. Take care and have a good day. I am not familiar with where you camped. I thought you were going to say someplace in Central Il. Have you camped at Lake Sheblyville before. That is where we used to go. Ta]k later.

Love,
    Nancy