Conference on FMS, Migraines, Chronic Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Jan 25, 2003.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

Date: Friday, March 21, 2003
    Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
    Title: Pain Control
    Fibromyalgia, Migraines, Chronic Pain and Sore Feet
    Cost:$79 with pre-registration. $74 per person with group reg. of 3 or more people together.

Presented by Institute for Natural Resources (INR)

I'd like to attend this conference, if my school will give me the day for it. I live about 3 hours from Las Vegas, probably would go there Thursday night and drive home Friday evening. For nurses, they offer 7 contact hours, and offer continuing education credit for other health care professionals as well.

I've attended conferences by INR before, and they are usually well run and informative, and not boring.

I need the contact hours, anyone else?? This could be a fun way for some of us in the SoCal area to meet one another. Any interest?

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. mms

mms New Member

Hi, is this conference for patients or the medical field. Do they believe in using drug therapy or is this a "natural" alternative therapy for pain?

Any info would be great!
    Thanks!
  3. BethM

BethM New Member

The conference is directed more at health professionals, I think. From the info they sent, looks like they will cover a range of information from pharmaceuticals to herbs and acupuncture, and talk about pain issues including migraines, FMS, MS, back and neck pain, 'central pain syndrome', and sore feet. They don't list a web site, but the toll free number is 877-246-6336, if you want to call them to send a flyer.

Hope this helps!

Are you local to, live near Las Vegas?

Beth.