Confirm Information

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nancydr, Dec 27, 2005.

1. nancydr

nancydr New Member

PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!

As you know, I won my case in October. I reviewed everything with Social Security including bank account # for the direct deposit. I called SS today after having been told by them that the check would be direct deposited sometime between Friday and Wednesday. Guess what. My check was returned to Social Security by my bank. It seems their data entry operator omitted a # from my account. Now they say they cannot put a rush on it and it will be at least 10 to 20 days before reissuance. This was for the back settlement I might add. So PLEASE PLEASE reconfirm your account #'s and all info with them. You cannot trust anyone anymore. I am sorry I am so mad right now I could just scream. Thanks for listening.
  2. sadsac54

sadsac54 New Member

Hi Nancy, I just had the same experience you did! My check was supposed to be in the bank on December 22. I called SS on December 23 to find out why it wasn't and was given the same information you received.
    Now...it is supposed to be in the bank tomorrow...Dec. 29. If it isn't....I will be on the phone as soon as I get up! I was told it would take 10 days...not 10 to 20. OH NO..that is a long time to wait.
    This was my back pay, too.
    I live in Indiana, where do you live?
    Good luck!
    Kay