Confused about different remedies!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jacampbell, Feb 17, 2006.

1. jacampbell

jacampbell New Member

I have seen lots of remedies on this site.

Does anyone know of a site where everything is listed with what it does and how they interact with each other.

For example, I am taking Malic Acid with Magnesium. Will taking NADH enhance or interfer with it? Is it redundant?

Is there a website that addresses these kind of questions?

I know my doctor has no clue about what he calls "alternative" remedies. He just says try them. I really don't want to go through anymore time and money if I can learn from someone else's previous experience.

Sometimes there are great little nuggets of information hidden under a different post because the thread goes off course. ButI can't possible read all these posts. I want something easy. :) Don't we all.

P.S. I also don't want to take 100 pills a day![This Message was Edited on 02/17/2006]
  2. jacampbell

jacampbell New Member

I think I will try NADH because Malic acid has helped me so I think I may be on the right track.

Would love to know the link... anyone? Was it posted here before in a different thread?
  3. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

If you having a good response from NADH and Malic acid you might also benefit from getting a B-12 shot once a week, or take it orally at a high dose 1000-5000mcg (I take 5000mcg daily of methyl-cobolamine. Methyl is much easier to absorb than cyano-cobolamine) Also, try taking Q10 (100 to 200 mg) and D-ribose. All are good for metabolism and the energy cycle.
  4. jacampbell

jacampbell New Member

Ya know, my mom was diagnosed with pernicious anemia and has been taking B12 shots. She said they really help because she can not digest B12 from food. Maybe I have that same problem.

I will try your suggestions. Thanks
  5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I would love the link to...Get thinkin you guys..

SherylD
  6. shan1078

shan1078 New Member

I just started taking NADH this past 2 weeks, becuse alot of people on this site have had good things to say about it.

It had really helped me. I have so much more energy thru out the day, than I had before. And it's not a jittery feeling either. It took about 1week for me to notice a difference, but it's worth it. I would definately recommend it. As for it mixing with other things, I really don't know. This is actually the 1st supplement I've taken. What does Malic Acid and Magnesium help? I'm interested in taking more supplements.
  7. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but both these sites have useful info:

www.drugdigest.org

This site has good info on both prescription meds as well as herbals and supplements. The best part is that there is a terrific interaction tool. You can enter in everything you are taking (by choosing from a list), and it will give you possible interactions and their severity. I found a number of things I was taking that shouldn't be taken at the same time.

The other handy site I found recently is Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum's site. I'm not sure I'm allowed by the rules to list it here, but here it is:

www.endfatigue.com

If it gets edited out, just do a search for Jacob Teitelbaum. One of the interesting parts of that site is under Tools & Support. Click on Treatment Protocol. There's lists of all the stuff we talk about on this board.

These are probably not the exact sites you were looking for, but they are handy sites to have bookmarked. Lots of good stuff!

Katy
  8. jacampbell

jacampbell New Member

Just had to respond. I have been taking NADH for about 2 weeks and I feel so much more energy! I retooled so my other meds and I think I have a great combo now. I'll just have to wait to see how long it last but for now I am enjoying it.

Thanks again for the great suggestions!!!