Confused about Rich Carson's Mercury protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Feb 15, 2007.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Hi
    I see the latest Prohealth CFS newsletter carried a piece on Rich Carson's mercury protocol.

I hate to labour this point but I'm confused.

In one of his earlier postings, he said he never used DMPS or DMSA, but in this newsletter piece, he implies he used both.

Can anyone clear this up?

Thanks

Delia
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

3. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Hi Deliarose, this is what I found from Rich's post:
    "Mercury detox protocol"
    "My diagnosis of mercury toxicity was made with a 24 hour urine sample after IV injection of the heavy metal chelating drug, DMPS. This drug forces mercury out of cells where some of it removed by the kidneys and excreted in the urine. My mercury levels showed significant mercury toxicity.

Much of the mercury that leaves the cells will ultimately be redistributed into other cells throughout the body, primarily to kidney and brain cells. The DMPS test made me quite sick for at least a month--something I attribute to the redistribution of mercury and not to the actual drug. I concluded that DMPS would be too radical of an approach to use in the initial stages of my mercury protocol.

Since DMPS made me quite ill and can cause mercury redistribution in the body, and because the other drugs use a similar mode of action, I decided to use a natural approach for mercury removal. Initially my goal was to reduce my mercury levels into the high normal range using this approach, and then use DMPS until the level was in the low normal, at which time I would use the oral drug, DMSA, to bat ‘clean up---particularly since DMSA is very effective in crossing the blood-brain barrier.."

Clearly stating he used DMPS, But I didn't find anywhere in this post that he used DMSA.

Hope this helps
  4. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Rich Carson's post "mercury detox protocol" is the exact same as "Rich Carson’s Mercury Detox Story" in todays e-newsletter.
    I don't see where he has used DMSA. I see that using DMSA was part of his "intial goal," but he instead decided to use a "natural approach."
  5. deliarose

deliarose New Member

the thing is a lot of people .. or some at least.. judging by their posts... understood from Rich's testimonial that he used both DMPS and DMSA.

So it would be really useful if he could clarify....

Tnx
    Delia
  6. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Where does Rich say that he used DMSA?
    Is this what you are referring to:
    "I decided to use a natural approach for mercury removal. Initially my goal was to reduce my mercury levels into the high normal range using this approach, and then use DMPS until the level was in the low normal, at which time I would use the oral drug, DMSA, to bat ‘clean up---particularly since DMSA is very effective in crossing the blood-brain barrier.."
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/15/2007</i>]
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I know that left some people with the impression that he did indeed use DMSA and DMPS, becuase other folks posted to that effect.

Delia
  8. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

Can you clarify what your mercury detox protocol was that was successful? Many of use fall into the too sensitive to experiment with DMSO and DMSA and so Im wondering if you used these are stuck with cilantro/chlorella etc and if you were able to get to normal or low normal ranges using this approach? It is not clear from your 2006 road to recovery article.
  9. richcarson

richcarson Moderator

The mercury protocol that I started almost 10 years ago made a huge difference in my health, as I began to have more and more energy, and other aspects of my health began to improve. Most notably, my exercise tolerance continued to increase to the point that I felt stronger than my athletic, strong, super fit hiking partners as we hiked high up into the Santa Barbara mountains. At one point last year, I CRUSHED though the PEM barrier. For those of you who don't know, 'PEM', stands for 'post exertional malaise', and in my opinion, it is a critical feature of ME/cfs. In fact I do not think a person has ME unless they suffer from PEM. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    How did this happen after 31 years of suffering from PEM? I am not exactly sure, but I will begin to blog about my experience soon, and you can check it out on ProHealtlh’s website in the near future if you are interested. What does it feel like to attack a mountain, hit the summit, see that your heart rate is 179, and know that you won't get sick at all--and that you will feel great the next day because of it? Fantastic! Actually, it is beyond words. Tears of happiness...&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Regarding DMPS and DMSA, I used neither in any significant way. I had enough success with my mercury protocol that I did not need to use anything other than the products I listed in &quot;Rich Carson's Mercury...&quot;. My game plan was to start taking DMSA once I improved to a certain level; but after hitting that level, I simply stayed on the comfortable path that I was on--taking tons of glutathione precursors and other supplements know to increase the three glutathione enzymes in the body--our body's most important way of getting rid of heavy metals, toxins, etc. Here is an article from Dr. Mark Hyman on Glutathione--how you can use your body to make its own, and why it is important for people like us with chronic health challenges: http://ow.ly/ek7dR .&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    If I was going to try DMSA, I would likely take it from Vitamin Research Products. Don't pay regular price there, as their products are almost always available on at least a 40% or 50% discount. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I am touched that folks still care about my mercury protocol. I am paying attention to the boards now, so I am happy to answer any questions that you ma have or that may pop up. It may take a bit of time, but I will do it, and gladly.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Boosting intracellular glutathione is an important step in getting well from ME and Fibro. I am convinced of it.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    One last thing, and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here--I don't think I would have made such good health progress if I had not become a devout organic vegetable juicer. Veggie juice, and I am not talking just carrot here, can make a huge difference in your life. I encourage you to make it an everyday part of your life. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I wish all of you on this board, and on this site, the best in health and healing.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Rich Carson&lt;BR&gt;
    Founder, ProHealth&lt;BR&gt;
    Patient Advocate&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
  10. SherylS

SherylS Member

I am new here. How do I find Rich Carson's Mercury Protocol? Thanks&lt;BR&gt;
    Sheryl
  11. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Hi Rich,&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Thanks for the update. I was wondering if you are still juicing. I have been very irregular, but something inside me is really pleased when I do. At one time you mentioned Dale Figtree. Do you still use her to determine your juicing recipe?&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    All the best to you!