Confused by Diagnosis..Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sosleepy, Oct 1, 2005.

1. sosleepy

sosleepy New Member

If anyone could advise me, I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with CFS/Epstein Barre, no mention was ever made
    of Fibromyalgia. However I have some of the symptoms it appears from reading various Postings. Are they always linked?
    I have a Doctors Appointment this week for a regular Physical, I have reached the point I do not mention my
    CFS/EB as the Doctor says to just give in there is nothing for it....is this really the case?
    I did get a second opinion and was told it was depression.
    Personally, I disagree, I lack energy, but have many things I dream about doing if I could only muster up the energy.
    My first bout lasted several months, since I get good and
    bad days, the latter being the norm ...any input would be welcome. I too find family do not seem to understand what this illness is like, if they even recognise it as an illness.
    It is the worst thing I have ever encountered...I have gone from an Energetic Bundle of Energy to Lethargic and Extremely Tired most of the time. The slightest thing I do results in a nap, it seems I have energy for a couple of
    hours at most, I sleep at night, but do not feel refreshed in the morning.
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It's good to have you on the board but sorry that you are feeling so sick and discouraged. CFS and FM are linked but not everyone has both. I was diagnosed with CFS first and then FM about a year later.
    Your symptoms sound a lot like CFS but they could be something else. I encourage you to find a Doctor who is sympathetic to these illnesses. You need to rule out anything else and if you have CFS, you need to be getting the proper treatment.It is generally felt that if you get treatment early, you are more likely to improve.
    This board will give you a lot of information that should help you.
    Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you get along.

Kathy.
  3. grannycfs

grannycfs Member

Hi,

There is a CFS website where you can go through a questionnaire that is quite helpful in making up your mind about whether to pursue finding a CFS doc. There's a Good Doctor List at www.co-cure.org. The CFIDS Association has a listing for each state of support groups where you can find which is closest to you. Sometimes talking to others like yourself is helpful.

And they usually maintain a doctor list (good and bad).

Granny