Confused-Exhausted but normal adrenals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mdjaj2231, Sep 11, 2010.

1. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I just got results of extensive saliva and blood testing and was very surprised that my adrenal function is normal. I am always sooo tired. The only abnormalities were TSH=.475 and progesterone levels way too low. The dr. had predicted this since he HATES prometrium which I was on until yesterday. He's keeping me on my vivelle estrogen patch, since that level is fine, but changing me to bio-identical progesterone, Armour thyroid 30, apple pectin since my testosterone is a little high and trimethylglycine (don't remember why, lol).

I hope this helps the exhaustion. I'm on a multi, D-5000 mg/day, co-q 10, and Various Chinese herbs. I have the pain mostly under control since cutting out gluten (another surprise, my gliadin levels were normal), but so wish I could conquer the fatigue.

Hope to hear some of your helpful ideas.

2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Unfortunately, low adrenal function isn’t the only thing that can cause low energy. Since you ARE on Armour thyroid, I am assuming the TSH level is high, which would indicate under-active thyroid. If so, that would make you tired. I have no idea what low progesterone does. I don't have any helpful ideas, but will hope that the changes that your dr. had you make will give you more energy.
  3. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

It may be too soon, but I think I'm starting to feel a bit more energy. Fingers crossed!
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

another possible explanation is that when the adrenals are going, but not completely shot, the levels can bounce around a lot - sometimes it may actually appear that levels are too high, sometimes too low, and sometimes they may seem fine

the only real way to tell this, though, is to measure levels several times
  5. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

I had to pay $200 out of pocket for it. I can't really afford to keep doing that. :( Is there anything natural to strengthen them? Thanks.
  6. spacee

spacee Member

Have you had your ebv and hhv6 tested?

I was on transfer factor to target these. It worked well. But they are pricey.

Now I am trying hepasunate at Cheney uses it with all of his
    patients. It is much less than TF's. $50 a bottle that lasts 2 months.

I had a strong reaction at first (nausea, feeling like my body was poisoned)
    that only lasted one day for the worst symptoms. I learned to open the
    capsule and put the contents under my tongue. Kinda yuk but not bad,
    by passes the GI tract that way.

I was really tired before starting this (had quit the TF's)

7. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

I didn't even know I had gotten these responses. The old site had a place to click for emails when there were responses.

Jam, I've only been on for a week.

Caledonia, I did have the 24-hour testing, and it was normal (except for midnight was low, but who cares, right?) Definitely craving salt, just started the salt water. I tried D-Ribose a few times and got very nauseous. I had 2 sleep studies, and they both seemed pretty normal.

Spacee, What are ebv and hhv6? Never heard of them.

Thank you all for your responses.
  8. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

ebv was negative, hh6, never tested
    I will bring up that low midnight and follow your suggestions. Thank you!
  9. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Just thought i would let u know that not everyone with cfs has adrenal problems, alot are infection related or immune system related. But in saying that , did u get dhea tested? its an adrenal hormone too, which drops before cortisol dose. Also i would get blood tests for them as well as saliva, just to be on safe side as i did saliva test once and result were completely of the chart as if i was a russian weightlifter.