Confused on magnesium..need advice.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stillafreemind, Feb 6, 2003.

1. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Hi, I sure could use some guidance in the magnesium department. I am confused as to which kind to take. I know I am LOW on it..my muscles and fatigue are kinda tipping me off on that I think.

I take sooo many supps a day. I would really like to try and get something that does not require me taking like four. What are you guys taking? I really believe it is a key to my health.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me. ..Sherry
  2. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I will be ordering some yet today. I really appreciate some clarity on the subject...have a great day..Sherry
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

and though most of the cities are saying it would be too expensive to
    put magnesium into the drinking water, in water is the best way to
    absorb it. They even said that Milk
    of Magnesium in a glass of water is
    a good way to get it. I don't know
    enough about it to have an opinion but thought I'd share what I read.
  4. Peace7

Peace7 New Member

is Magnelevures. This is a box of 30 packages of powdered magnesium 150 mg, Vitamin B1 2.1 mg, Vitamin B6 3.0 mg and includes glutathione, taurine, mannitol and citric acid (natural orange flavor).
    It must be mixed with a glass of water (8 oz or more).
    It is made by UNDA and at one time I did find a place to order it on the internet (perhaps a health food store or natural products store) but It was not cheaper than getting it from my doctor.
    I like it when I know I need the magnesium but feel like I just can't swallow another pill.

Peace,
    Anne
    [This Message was Edited on 02/06/2003]
  5. healing

healing New Member

My understanding is that people with FMS have magnesium deficiencies at the cellular level, diagnosed with a mouth swab (Great Smokies Lab). This is due to a compromised ability to absorb magnesium taken orally. That's why my docs prescribe magnesium IVs or magnesium shots. I tried the shot, it hurt....so I have had 3 courses of the IVs, and they helped tremendously.

I do take 120 mg of mag. every night -- it helps keep me "regular." Have to be careful taking too much, or I'll have that intense laxative effect of MOM.

Anyway, that's what I've learned from my docs....

[ advertisement ]