Confused with the work. comp. doctor.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellygirl, May 24, 2008.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I was told to go see the workman comp. insurance's doctor. I did and in the room he told me I shouldn't bend, kneel, stairs, etc., etc., if you continue in this job, it'll kill you..........I don't know why he said that, I was there for my knee.

He told me I have chondromalacia. Since the knee surgery from an injury on the job, I have developed this condition.

So, I told work that he told me limitations with the job. The report that they received from him said I can do full duty...... I know what I heard?

I will have to tell my attorney, too, that I still can't go down steps without the knee catching and pain. I cannot walk too far anymore without pain and fatigue with the knee.

This is strange.......
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I would ask for an explanation, maybe he got your report mixed up.

So sorry for you.

3. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I am working with difficulty and asked my attorney why the work. comp. doctor told me what I shouldn't be doing, and yet I have no limitations written out for work.

My attorney said it has to come from the surgeon, so I am going back anyway because I can't go down steps with my knee and the knee is tender.

The attorney said it is unusual for the work. comp. doctor to side with the claimant.

The surgeon is scheduled for a depostion, I hope it goes well for me.