Confused???

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Tirednana, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Tirednana

Tirednana Guest

I HAVEN'T FORMALLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH FB OR CFS BUT I FEEL SURE SOMETHING IS TERRIBLEY WRONG. I HAVE FRIENDS WITH IT WHO ARE CONVINCED I HAVE IT. I AM DEPRESSED THOUGH. HOW DO I KNOW THAT IT'S NOT JUST DEPRESSION? I DO KNOW I HAVE PAIN ALL OVER MY BODY. THE EXTREME PAIN ON THE BOTTOM OF MY FEET JUST RECENTLY STARTED. I AM OVERWEIGHT THOUGH BECAUSE EXERCISE HURTS SO BAD AND I AM SO DEPRESSED I EAT ALOT. I WAS JUST READING A PREVIOUS CHAT THAT WENT ON WITH EUNICE BECK. IT REALLY HELPED ME ALOT. I HAVE BEEN TELLING MY HUSBAND FOR SO LONG, THAT I CAN'T CONCENTRATE. I CAN'T READ ANYMORE BECAUSE I FORGET WHAT I'M READING AND MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT DRIFTS OFF ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. I FORGET NAMES AND THINGS THAT ARE VERY COMMON TO ME. I DON'T REALLY HAVE INTEREST IN ANYTHING ANYMORE. I USE TO BE OUTGOING AND WORKED FOR 29 YEARS EVEN OWNED MY OWN BUSINESS. I DID GO THROUGH A HORRIBLE STRESS TIME FROM 1993 TO 1998 WITH MY BUSINESS AND THE DEATH OF MY MOTHER. THAT'S WHEN THINGS SEEM TO GO DOWNHILL. I CAN'T WORK N0W AND I FEEL GUILTY EVERYDAY BECAUSE MY HUSBAND WORKS SO HARD. I'M JUST TIRED OF THIS LIFE. I TAKE WELLBUTRIN, AND NOW A NEW ONE CALLED LEXAPRO. I ALSO HAVE TO TAKE PREVICID, SYNTHROID AND ONE FOR MY HIGH CHOLESTEROL. I TAKE XANAX FOR ANXIETY. I DON'T WON'T TOO LIVE THIS WAY THE REST OF MY LIFE. MIGRAINES HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS, BUT MAXALT HAS FINALLY COME TO THE RESCUE. ALTHOUGH THERE ARE TIMES IT DOESN'T EVEN HELP. I FELL LIKE A HYPOCONDRIAC AND HAVE PRETTY MUCH BECOME A HERMIT. I HAVE TWO WONDERFUL GROWN CHILDREN AND TWO WONDERFUL GRANDCHILDREN AND A HUSBAND THAT PUTS UP WITH ME. I'M ON A CONSTANT GUILT TRIP.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Depression can cause some symptoms similar to those with CFIDS and FMS, but it sounds as though with all you are going through that you might have more than depression. CFIDS and FMS can cause depression. It's important to find out whether the depression is situational or clinical.

It's also important to find a doc knowledgeable in FMS and CFIDS who will test you to eliminate other illnesses which can mimic ours.

Many of us on the CFIDS/FMS board have found a lot of help through changes of diet, flexing and stretching exercises, Yoga and meditation, and a whole myriad of different treatments. Feel free to join us there and welcome to this website.

Love, Mikie
  3. Tirednana

Tirednana Guest

Hi Mikie, thank you for your reply to my message. This is all so confusing isn't it? Or for me it is. Besides the depresssion, I have an injured back. Herniated the lower five disc in my back in 1995. It has become terribly inflamed with arthritis. I went in last October for one day surgery and had 10 injections of steroids. That only caused me to have pain and leg cramps for 6 months. I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my spine, neck, knees, ankles, hands, etc. Our family has a history of this. I also after having a bone density test about 4 years ago was diagnosed with the onset of Osteoporosis. I was shocked. My mother never had that. I take Actonel once a week to replace the bone hopefully. I blame it on a quack doctor that talked me into having a complete hysterectomy when I was only 38 yrs. old.(I'm 53 now) I was having constant bladder and kidney infections from a ballen bladder and felt so sick. Later I realized I only needed some bladder surgery and a few other repairs from having large babies. He is still doing lots of surgery. I wish I could put an ad in the local paper about him.
    My hormones have been messed up since then. I finally took myself off of the synthetic ones and buy over the counter estravan. It works pretty good for the hot flashes.
    I go to my therapist this week and I have so much to tell her. Infact she has been diagnosed with FM and gave me some things to read. When I saw what dr. she was going to I thought, "forget it". I wasted 14 years with this same doctor and she never could help me. Now she's big into FM and CFS. I don't know if I'm just nuts, overweight, full of arthritis, no hormones, despressed or what. I also have Type II Diabetis. It could be all of the above. I do have very sore spots on my body. Sometimes my husband can't believe I don't like to be massaged on my shoulders or arms or back, but it is extremely painful. Well enough for now. I'm so glad I have found this website. We will talk again I hope. tirednana