ConfusedinPA I need computer help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

HI Diane- I bought a 500 gig My Book and got it installed but not without problems.

Now my computer is not acting right, I am out of space, I had deleted a lot of stuff, but when I install the Book it took all my space with a google desktop and a program named
    Piscaso, I think, but I don't think I need either one of them to run the new HD.

I am considering do a clean wipe of my computer and reinstall the software and reinstall the new HD that has my info, except my email program. It wouldn't do it.

Now I can't open MS Business Outlook, but can use just Outlook express. I do have most of my email addys in my webmail.

I spent all day yesterday trying to get my computer to do a defrag and all I would get is a "not responding" message.

I did get to see it once and free space was zero, before the install I had 3 percent. I also have just 1 gig of memory. Could that be the problem? I am trying to save some things to disc in case I can't get it back from the book. I don't understand to settings thing, one way will delelte everything you delete on the computer then you can set it up just as storage. But I am so confused and brain dead from this.

Sorry to go on but I don't know what to do at this point and have a bunch of other things going on too. But I can't do without my computer. It took it almost 10 minutes to come on this morning. Any ideas- thanks to you and your hubby for all of your help-Carla
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks I removed my post- I just feel I don't have enough memory or HD to handle the new HD. No hurry as I am taking it easy right now. Carla