Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FibroFay, Feb 6, 2010.

1. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Hi Diane :)

Just wanted to ask how much snow you have gotten from this storm? We have 24" and it's getting windy. Everything is closed. Nothing on the roads except snow plows and emergency vehicles. What a mess! It's beautiful but sooner or later one has to go out in it. That's the bad part. haha.

Do you have to shovel your car out? Isn't that fun??? Hahaha.

2. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

We are slowly digging out here too. Hope we don't get any more big snows this year. I hope all is well at your end of the state. Yeah, the sun is nice! Take care.

Fay in PA :)
  3. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

It's that darn groundhog's fault!

I'm doing okay apart from the fact that my fibro is raging. I'll bet you are hurting too. It's the storm systems that make us hurt so much. I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's car problem. Wow, you don't need that. I'm glad you got a loaner car.

Our schools were on a two hour delay today. I don't know why they even had school. The roads are not all that good. In the cities it's even worse as they have to haul the snow away. But, on the main highways PennDot hasn't done very well. I think it's because of the budget cuts. This is the kind of snow we had when I was a little girl. (I'm 64 yrs.) It brings back alot of memories.

My daughter got my groceries for me today. I have chicken corn soup from the deli and ham salad, enough to see me through the storm. I just hope the electricity doesn't go. I dread that. I'll have to somehow get one of my sons-in-law to come and get me. You have public "warming centers" in your area? That's a wonderful thing! I wish we had that.

They are calling for 6 to 12 inches here from Tues. eve. until Wed. eve. Oh man, I have cabin fever! haha.

I need to get all my prescriptions this weekend. That might become a problem. I can't get them before because insurance won't put them through early. The pharmacy is only a block away, so I'm sure I can find someone to get them for me if I cannot get out.

Nice of you to check in with me. I hope your family is well and your car fixed up soon. Stay warm and well.

Fay :)

4. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Yes, I keep telling my kids, "This is like the winters I grew up with". Before now, they had no clue what a hard winter was like. The memories are good. Hold on to the good times.

I'll check in with you when this storm is over and we are hooked up again. I'm praying none of us loses our electrical power. That's my biggest fear.

Take care of your family.

WARM Hugs,
  5. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I'm still hanging in there on Wed. morning. Hope you are also. We have about 10 inches on the ground, road crews plowing like crazy. I am just on the boarder of the blizzard warning area, so I'm hoping for the best. The wind isn't too bad at this point, but they say it will pick up this afternoon.

It's interesting watching the coverage of the storm on TV. They sure have the storm crews out there in lots of locations. I wonder how they get around when we can't. hahaha.

Hope things are okay at your end.