Confusion, unable to focus, memory loss?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bookworm313, Mar 25, 2007.

1. bookworm313

bookworm313 New Member

Has anyone had problems being able to focus on a subject or having memory loss of things that happened 2 minutes prior? I am on Effexor for my anxiety and depression in conjunction for Fibromyalgia and I am wondering if it is the medicine or the Fibro? Thanks....
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

I have the exact same symptoms and not on Effexor..but Cymbalta. I think its the FMS???
    jmq
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Its the Fibro....I'm not sure what short term memory is anymore...I always forget how to spell a word, or mean to say one thing and replace a correct word with a wrong one! Its not funny but its funny..lol

Deb
  4. raspberrykisses

raspberrykisses New Member

It's such a pain in the but. My mom and I took my little guy to the mall to play in the play area then we went out to eat and everytime I tried to have a conversation with her I would forget what I was trying to say or couldn't remember certain words to what I was trying to say. I'm talking simple everyday words. I've even started carrying a small note book with me on a regular basis just to help me remeber the things that I need to remember through the day.
  5. bookworm313

bookworm313 New Member

I am 23 years old, have a 3 year old and almost 1 year old. I was diagnosed with fibro, sort of back when I was 11 years old, but it didn't get really really bad until this past summer after I had my son. I went to my doctor and he ran a series of tests to rule out everything else, but he won't do the pressure point testing or anything. He just says that since it isn't anything else like MS then it must be Fibro. He told me to exercise. So I do, and that helps (water aerobics and such), unless I have sleepless nights. But the mind thing has steadily worsened. DOES ANYTHING HELP? Vitamins...anything? I want my mind back! I have always had such a sharp mind...it is hard enough when I cannot lift my children, but then to make it hard to remember whether or not I changed a diaper or forget formula or a phone call with their pediatrician, etc...is WORSE! Help!
    Thank you all for answering me!
    Bookworm
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

it's the fibro.. I have it with and without meds..

Kind of rotton not being able to make complete sentences!! And everything has become a Thingy!!

Hugs!
  7. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

its the syndrome, not the meds. Least for me.
  8. moab341

moab341 New Member

I'm not on any meds that would effect my memory.
    How can one think straight when they feel so bad?

My job is such that I have to answer questions all day long and sometimes I just sit here and can't remember anything.

I think there are some herbs that are suppose to help with the fibro fog. Maybe someone o here can tell you what they are because I've forgotten!

Good luck to you, Roni