Congenital Lyme? Do you know about this??

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Hope4Sofia, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I've been reading and it seems that it is more than possible for a Lyme-infected mother to pass it to her baby. Does anyone know anything about this?

All of my babies had bad protein intollerance as infants and had to be on elemental formulas. My daughter had bad colic. They have all done fairly well growing up but we've had issues. My daughter struggles in learning and has emotional rampages. She also gets terrible headaches and bad bouts of IBS. My boys are twins and have both recently been diagnosed with ADHD (which we've struggled with since their birth).

I'm wondering if I should be seeking treatment for them. Have any of you heard of this or had experience with this?

Sofi
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Yes, I've heard it's possible to pass along to your child. I would suggest you get your children tested if you suspect they are having symptoms. You could ask your doctor about this.

I'm pretty sure that I had lyme when I had my second child. He seems healthy as can be and so far doesnt' show any symptoms at age 13. But I will get him tested if he shows any symtpoms.

Good luck to you and your family sofi.