congratulate me--i think i've "graduated"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Apr 21, 2010.

1. loto

loto Member

I'm being sarcastic, and here's why.
    Ok, so I have FM, and I've read about a lot of you with FM get sore throats.

Well, this past week my throat has been sore off and on, and sometimes I also feel "fever-achy" along with it.

I'm hoping its just a Spring cold or allergies, but the way it comes and goes makes me wonder.

What do you guys do for the off and on sore throats?

2. spacee

spacee Member

I haven't graduated to sore throats yet. My thighs and knees are my graduation this year.

Hope someone comes along and helps.

I feel for you!

3. loto

loto Member

I don't want to graduate anymore with new symptoms......
    I hate this progression.

Sorry about your thighs and knees.
  4. acdb

acdb Member

Hey. New here.
    Not sure where you live, but allergens are way out high in eastern PA.

Allergies definitely factor in to how I feel on a given day. So, most all else the same and allergens increase, I blame flare and/or new sx on them.

[This Message was Edited on 04/21/2010]
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

I don't have FM, but plenty of us with one or the other 'graduate' to having the other...

I can tell you that I had a lot of sore throats and overall 'flu' achiness quite regularly - about every 3-4 weeks. In addition to good multivitamins and extra C, I took 'Thymulus" by Enzymatic Therapy.... literally in a few days I felt a 'lift' and stopped getting obviously ill. However post-exertional malaise just kept increasing etc.

That said, however, my son started that way in 6th-7th grade, developed all my symptoms of cfids plus depression/anxiety, but was ultimately dx'd with Lyme Disease (positive on the WB 2X within 6 months according to even the CDC's tracking standard).

I also found an old test of mine showing I had antibodies to Lyme several years after the constantly getting the 'flu'. My current protocol indicates strongly I do have it, as I experience herxes.

So it might be because you have a new infection - there are more than just Lyme that can be present, like mycoplasma, CPn, bartonella, etc... unfortunately tests for any of them are very unreliable, almost worthless - it's the clinical picture that counts. And in turn you need a good clinical doctor who is familiar with these types of infections. Most often they're 'LymeLiterate MDs' (LLMD) but there are some familiar with the others.

You can look up most if not all of these infections in PH's research library here - articles and abstracts.

all the best,

6. jole

jole Member

I do the same from time to time....sore throat, swollen glands, hot/cold, very fatigued for a couple days, then back to the normal chronic pain/fatigue. Don't take anything for always goes away on its own, but I 'always' think I'm catching something.

There is definitely a cause for it, just don't know what. I'd love to see a LLMD but there are none in this area, and I simply can't afford to. I do hope you find your answer though....Jole
  7. loto

loto Member

for all of your replies.

I need to see an LLMD also, but, like you Jole, there are none in this area.
    I really need to get tested again for Lyme, but, so far haven't pursued it.

LEFTYGG Member

years ago I told dr my glands swell and feel sore throat coming on every night. shes says oh thats your body fighting infection. well still happening so dont knowjust part of fibro.