Congratulations All Americans!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rafiki, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

You have an elegant, articulate, intelligent, ethical, graceful new leader: President Elect Barack Obama.

He inspires hope.

Peace,
    Rafiki the Canuk

[This Message was Edited on 11/08/2008]
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Rafiki,

You expressed it so perfectly. I am rejoicing greatly for my country. And for the first time in too many years,feel a sense of hope and possibility, instead of a sickening dread thinking of myself as an American.

Thank you for your congratulations!
  3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Rafiki - you have such a way of explaining the thrill of the election!

While I won't/can't do political discussions, I know President Obama is the correct choice!

budmickl
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

This was the most Fantastic Election of our time!,,,,Americans are Lucky to Have a New Leader Like Barack Obama!,,,,,,He is all you described and More!,,,,,,,,Maybe Heaven Sent in IMHO!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/05/2008]
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

He may be many things, but ETHIcAL is not of them.
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

not only for America but for the world!!

I never thought I'd see the day but I have - watched it over here in UK.

Rosie
  7. stranger

stranger New Member

Thank goodness he won. I think McCain's speech was his best ever. But Obama's speech was awesome.
  8. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I am disappointed at the election results. I didn't feel Barack Obama was qualified for that position. He had only been Senator for two years and half of that he was busy running for president.

I will respect our new president even though on many issues we do not agree on.

I will be praying for our elected officials. May they look to God for answers.
  9. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I guess all I can say is regardless of who is President, it will take a team of people to shape up America and get it back on the right track. So I just pray that our President will lead us back into a great economy as well as a great #1 Country.

God Bless everyone!!!!
  10. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

On TV they said this was the largest voter turnout in the U.S. since 100 years ago. WOW, it's encouraging that so many people voted and took such an interest in this election.
  11. artyreader

artyreader Member

You said it perfectly! I was very proud and moved yesterday!

Also,when he gave his acceptance speech, he mentioned, among many other groups, 'the disabled'.

Wow! I was happy enough as it was, but for the newly elected president to actually verbally acknowledge people who have devastating, life-altering health challenges (as I and others on this board do)as part of the whole fabric of our society--that we matter, too--well, I just feel speechless. I feel so often that we are invisible, at least to "mainstream" society.

To be included as being just as important as everyone else was a very pleasant surprise, and icing on the cake of an already inspiring moment.

Peace to all!
  12. artyreader

artyreader Member

You said it perfectly! I was very proud and moved yesterday!

Also,when he gave his acceptance speech, he mentioned, among many other groups, 'the disabled'.

Wow! I was happy enough as it was, but for the newly elected president to actually verbally acknowledge people who have devastating, life-altering health challenges (as I and others on this board do)as part of the whole fabric of our society--that we matter, too--well, I just feel speechless. I feel so often that we are invisible, at least to "mainstream" society.

To be included as being just as important as everyone else was a very pleasant surprise, and icing on the cake of an already inspiring moment.

Peace to all!
  13. mezombie

mezombie Member

I am still speechless!

I think Obama has the ability to bring people together like no one else has in a long time.

I look forward to his presidency.
  14. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Watched and cried through the speech. I am very happy Rafiki...It was so uplifting ..So far away here but I feel his beautifully articulated vision affects all of us...

He seems a unique combination , an immensely practical achieving poetic dreamer and as Einstein said
    "Imagination is more powerful than knowledge"
    Best wishes for the new era America.
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That God watches over him and his family and that He guides our govt. in the big job which lies ahead. I also pray for more kindness and less divisiveness among Americans. We are all in this together and, regardless of which party we subscribe to, we absolutely cannot solve our problems without working together in good faith.

This is true, not only of our country, but the entire world. Let's let the healing begin.

Love, Mikie
  16. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I cried at the end of the acceptance speech. He included the disabled and the abled. As a mom to a son with a form of autism I was really touched.

Last year I gave my b-day $ to Obama's campaign. It was only $30 and as a mom of special needs child I surely could have enjoyed something for myself. Obama affected me greatly back then and still does today.

I will pray for him, his family, the nation and the world. Yes, let the healing begin.

Molly
  17. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

for Barack Obama

all of you who gave him to us.

And all of you who support
    him now.

The world is very grateful.

Rafiki
    (Rafiki, as a user name, was inspired by time I spent in and around Kisumu, Kenya where Obama's father's family lives :)

18. Callum

Callum New Member

I cried during his speech.

I cried with pride for my city, Chicago.

I cried for my many friends who marched with Dr. King in the sixties, who lived to see this day.

I cried at the number of my Republican friends that, though disappointed their candidate that they supported as heartily as I supported mine, did not allow that disappointment to turn to bitterness and still were moved at the historic nature of the moment...

I cried at John McCain's concession speech, a speech that reminded me how much I had respected him in 2000.

I cried that a man with who spoke like a poet could still win the common vote (Adlai Stevenson was never able to accomplish this... he, too, spoke with the heart of a poet.)

And I cried when I read messages from my web email pals from around the world FLOOD my inbox with notes of congratulations.

I think I now know how my parents felt (both Republicans, btw), when they voted for JFK in 1960, and felt like a new day was dawning.

Callum
  19. jole

jole Member

Although Obama is definitely a very eloquent speaker, I hope and pray that his actions speak as clearly as his words. Yes, he knows how to say exactly what the people want to hear, but he is still only human, and very inexperienced. I too will support him as the President come Jan. but I remain cautious for now.

I pray that the Creator of our country remain in the forefront of all our hearts, and that we ask His guidance for our country and the world. There are definitely hard times ahead, and neither candidate would be able to "fix" our problems overnight.
  20. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I am thrilled and praying that this feeling will be justified by his presidency. I'm already seeing him beginning to surround himself with experienced people who can guide him through the troubles he will face. Cabinet appointments are crucial. Was extremely glad to see that many of the people being veted for Cabinet positions are Republicans. We've seen too much "us against them" in our political system. Reaching across the aisle starts with the White House.

Senator Obama really got the attention of this country. I have never been involved in a campaign or done anything other than vote. This year I went to our local caucus, was a delegate for the county convention and followed both campaigns avidly. Its the first time I really felt that I was needed and included.

Please keep praying for us, our country, and our new President. We have a long hard road to face now and what is happening here is effecting most of the world.

Hugzz
    Greenbean