Congratulations Rich Carson for....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tlayne, Sep 13, 2006.

1. tlayne

tlayne Member

being honored in Reno Nevada for "Outstanding Advocate Award for ME/CFS"! They could not have picked a better person to be honored than you!

I just wanted to say Good Job! I am so proud to be a member of this board. I am also thankful for all that you have done, and all that you continue to do! Big Hugs, Tam
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2006]
  2. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Our Founder Understands You

ProHealth, Inc., is a patient-owned company with the motto “Commerce with Compassion.” In 1988, Rich Carson founded ProHealth with the goal of creating a comprehensive resource for people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia (FM). After being diagnosed with CFS in 1981, Rich quickly discovered that alternative therapies relieved many of the symptoms associated with CFS and FM. Rich began experimenting with nutritional supplements, and ultimately started the Health Resource Catalog that sold some of those supplements he found to be most effective.

Along the way, Rich realized that research alone was not enough. Individuals with CFS need more immediate help, including treatment resources and options. To address these needs, he began one of the first CFS support groups in the country. In fact, Rich says, “The happiest day of my life will be when my company goes out of business because a cure has been found,” he says. “That is the goal that I am working toward, the goal that everyone with this disease should be working toward.”

Finding and sharing important news on treatment and research about CFS and FM is very important to Rich, and he realized the Internet was a great way to disseminate up-to-the-minute information to the thousands of CFS and FM sufferers worldwide. This brought about the birth of ImmuneSupport.com, the world’s largest resource for CFS and FM.

Raising money to explore new research avenues has always been a major objective for Rich Carson and his company. In the early days, Rich established connections with the entertainment industry to get results. He was responsible for organizing the first major celebrity fundraiser for CFS, which attracted many well-known names in Hollywood, research and government, and brought in more than $250,000. To date, ProHealth has provided over $2.5 million dollars provided not only through fundraising campaigns but also from company profits.

In an interview with the CFIDS Association of America Rich summarized his commitment to fundraising by saying, “This is not a commercial venture that will contribute to personal wealth, but a way to support those who have this terrible illness. It exists for the benefit of patients, a track record I believe is unsurpassed in private industry.”

3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

being honored in Reno Nevada for "Outstanding Advocate Award for ME/CFS"!

Thank you again for all you do Rich!!!

You do deserve the honor.

Fondly, June
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to our founder and benefactor. Way to go, Rich!
  5. tlayne

tlayne Member

for more to see!
  6. shelbo

shelbo New Member

:) Well done :) !
  7. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

We are all so proud to have you representing us.

This message board has helped me to heal and grow and not to feel so isolated.

We would like to give you our collective hugs for all that you do for us.

There is much to say about your understanding of our situations. There is no better advocate than one who has suffered in the same manner.

Thanks again for providing this website.

Jeanne
    [This Message was Edited on 09/14/2006]