Congressman update on SS hearing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, May 16, 2009.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

I had written a letter to my congressman to try to move my SS hearing date...I have been waiting about a year. At first they really did not find out anything for me...then I got another letter from his office today saying that he was informed that the hearing Judge wanted to have an orthopedic expert and a vocational expert at the hearing so the Judge is trying to schedule many cases that need these experts on the same day in order to take advantage of having the experts there all day. That is what is taking so long????

So...I guess its at least "in the works" HOWEVER what the h... is an "orthopedic" needed for with Fibromyalgia and depression????? I do have some discs problems but they are no where near the problem as my fibro and depression. I am worried this expert is not going to know anything about FM.

I am going to call Allsup on Monday to see what they think. This is SO stressful!!!! I do not know what I will do if I do not get approved!

2. jmq

jmq New Member

So I called Allsup about it today and they said they thought it may be because I also have degenerative disc disease and scoliosis ( sp?). I can not imagine how that plays into last xrays and MRI for that was over 5 years ago!? Almost all my disabilty is from the Fibromyalgia and Depression. They said not to worry about it....

Yeah right!

So I made an appt. to go back to the orthopedic from 5 yrs ago and see if he can take more xrays. I can not imagine that it has gotten better...only worse. I am thinking the more records the better. I was told that I can bring in more records all the way up until the hearing. So off to another doctor....

3. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

So this is what I have to look foward to. I also have ddd along with many other things. I suppose they'll have to line up a gyno, ortho, rheumy, etc for mine. I'm thinking they should just go ahead and approve us jmq. Save them the time and money.
  4. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

Not sure it matters (some say it does others say it doe not)
    but would you mind sharing what state you are from?

Thanks, & GOOD LUCK! :)
  5. jmq

jmq New Member

Yeah, I know...who knows what matters to SS or the Judge. I just feel like I HAVE to do something constructive or helpful while I am just sitting here waiting and waiting...

I live in Florida.