connections?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatbarrier, Mar 8, 2007.

1. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

hi there,
    can anyone tell me if fibro and multiple schlerosis are connected. i fso how// thank you Lynne
  2. pat460

pat460 New Member

I wish I could help you out but I just don't know. I can tell you that I have FM, my niece has MS, and we both have a lot of very similar symptoms. I personally agree with the people who think FM is caused by something to do with the CNS--brain and /or spinal column. Therefore, it would totally make sense if MS, FM, and other illnesses like them were all connected. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Take care. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer.
    pat460
  3. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

hi pat460 thank you for that my Mums Dad and my Father's sister both had ms both now dead.. I feel they are connected too!
    Another Q:: do you get lot's of small sores that take ages to heal????
  4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I have a firsst cousin with MS (female) and one with MD (male) ... my Dad has a first cousin with MS and one with Disc disinigration (I can't spell even) both are females. Another distant relation (same ancestorsal line) has FM (female). My sister has FM and TMJ but her FM is not as bad as mine.
  5. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

Hi yea! a bit scary my Dad has parkinsons and a problem with the emun system ( I am even better at spelling) ARRR! his platelets are down low and I was just reading about that - but has gone right over my head ( hubbie my angle will read and help me later).
    My Mum said she was talking to her sister in England last night and thier younger sister has the cold legs ect so there yea go!!! I still think we are a wonderful bread of people hahahah blessings ME ( lynne
  6. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

Hi yea! a bit scary my Dad has parkinsons and a problem with the emun system ( I am even better at spelling) ARRR! his platelets are down low and I was just reading about that - but has gone right over my head ( hubbie my angle will read and help me later).
    My Mum said she was talking to her sister in England last night and thier younger sister has the cold legs ect so there yea go!!! I still think we are a wonderful bread of people hahahah blessings ME ( lynne
  7. greatbarrier

greatbarrier New Member

what is md and tmj??????????