considering a return to work in a couple of weeks........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sybil, Oct 8, 2002.

1. sybil

sybil New Member

just to see if i can cope with it!
    i don't feel any better,but i am getting no help from my doctors and if i stay off any longer,i may lose my job.
    i know that i may not be able to cope,but i feel i have to try.
    i can go back and work 3 hours a day fro a month to start with and my employers are obliged to find work for me to do that will not make me worse.it was something i did at work that caused the flare in the first place!

sybilxxx
  2. sybil

sybil New Member

just to see if i can cope with it!
    i don't feel any better,but i am getting no help from my doctors and if i stay off any longer,i may lose my job.
    i know that i may not be able to cope,but i feel i have to try.
    i can go back and work 3 hours a day fro a month to start with and my employers are obliged to find work for me to do that will not make me worse.it was something i did at work that caused the flare in the first place!

sybilxxx
  3. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

You can only find out by trying. The majority of Fibro folks work, altho some do it part time and others had to switch jobs to less stressful situations. I would dearly have loved to continue working, since(unlike many)I thoroughly enjoyed my job, but it was not to be. Hope it goes well for you. God bless, Al
  4. sybil

sybil New Member

my employers medical officer,who has requested a report from my rheumatologist,who hasn't yet replied!
    that doesn't suprise me,it took 6 weeks before my doctor got a report back from the rheumy with instructions of medication.so it could take about 4/5 weeks before i actually get back to work.
    had a meeting with my office manager today,she seemed a bit put out that i couldn't do the same work as i used to do.but as my personnel section said,they will have to accomodate my problems,they have no choice!
    that is one good thing about working for the government,there are very stringent guidelines on how they treat someone with a condition like ours.they are obliged to bend over backwards to help me back to work.

it will be a try and see situation,to start with and i can work a 3 hour day for 2 months and see how i go.

i know some people have to give up work in the end,no matter how hard they try and i accept that i may have to do that,whether i like it or not.but i'm going to give it my best shot!

sybilxxx
  5. allhart

allhart New Member

good luck but please be careful not to make your self any worse than you already are its a hard disscion to make and im sure youll do whats best
  6. sybil

sybil New Member

it's an experiment really.
    if i feel worse,then i will just throw in the towel and realise that i can't do it.
    my health is more important than my job,

sybilxxx