Considering an indoor exercise bike, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I have a friend at work who had recently asked me to go bike riding. My friend knows I have FM, so I was kind of surprised that she asked me this. At first I thought "Are you kidding me"
    She promised me that she has a great mountain bike that is easy to use, very body friendly bike, whatever that means, LOL, and we will ride the bikes slowly at first.

First of all, I cannot do a treadmill or elliptical machine, way too body impact for me. But, I really haven't considered bike riding at all, I have a mountain bike of my own that has been sitting in the garage for 10 years, LOL again.

Anyway, I did go, and actually have discovered that it does not hurt my knees or my hips as bad as I had originally thought. I did go slow and only did a few miles, but that is a HUGE succes for me.

I really need to lose a few pounds and I think this may help me, as long as I don't overdue it. Winter will be here soon, and I would like to purchase an indoor bike for those long winter months here in Cleveland. Do any of you have a particular brand, or know of a brand that is reliable and good for indoors? I have been looking on the net, and all the options were giving me brain fog.

By the way, I did feel okay after riding, just the next day the extra pain did hit me, but then surprisingly, I really was able to handle it. Kinda excited about this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hugs, Chelz.
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I would suggest going to an exercise equipment store and trying out several bikes before you make your final purchase. Recumbant bikes are supposed to be very comfortable and give you a better workout.