Considering Atlas Profilax

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BeadyLady, Aug 11, 2008.

1. BeadyLady

BeadyLady New Member

I have been reading with much interest the posts regarding Atlas Profilax and would be very interested in any input from anyone who has had this procedure done to help relieve symptons of FMS.

I have looked online and can find a lot of postives for the procedure but I can't find much specifically on people with FMS.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. cct

cct Member

If you do a "search" on the "contents" (see the upper left corner of this page) on the subject of "Atlas Profilax", you will find many posted messages that go back for more than a year.

"Waynesrhythm" is the person who got me interested in the treatment.

As a result of reading about the great outcomes that a few people had from the atlas adjustment, I scheduled a treatment with Michael Hane. It has been a year since I had an Atlas Profilax adjustment.

I had an immediate and profound reaction to the adjustment. After I recovered from the adjustment shock, I did feel much better. The better feeling lasted for about three months, then I began to decline back to my old sick ME/CFS/FM status.

I am glad that I had the treatment, but I wish that I could have had a follow-up adjustment. A follow-up may have prolonged the good effects.
  3. BeadyLady

BeadyLady New Member

Thanks for your response.

I had been reading the posts by Waynesrythem and crickett regarding their atlas adjustments and was hoping that there were more on this sight that could give me some additional insight before I take a trip to another state, invest in hotels, gas and time off work.

It seems that your experience wasn't lasting for you. I understood after talking to Amy at Keep in Touch Massage where Ted Hanes practices that there wouldn't be a need for an additional adjustment.

I was wondering who did your adjustment?

4. cct

cct Member

My treatment was done by Michael Hane.

He is absolutely wonderful!

It is true that you are not supposed to need a second adjustment, but it is recommended that you have a follow-up visit just to make sure that the adjustment held.

Sometimes, in a very few cases, a second brief treatment is required.

Also, it is recommended that you have regular massages after your adjustment.

I could not afford the regular massages so that may have contributed to my falling back into the old ME/CFS/FM routine.