Considering going to Dr Charles Lapp. Input anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by fmfriend, May 8, 2014.

1. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

I know Dr Lapp deals specifically with Fibromyalgia and M.E/CF but I don't know what his specific protocol is. Has anyone here been to see him? I would appreciate any input. I'm leaning on going but it's a big financial commitment. It costs $ 1300. for the first visit and doesn't accept insurance. WOW!..I know. I'll have to save up. I can file on my own for a partial refund, as he is not in network with any insurance companies. It would be worth it if he can help me become more functional and have less pain. His partner physician deals with diet issues and suggests a gluten free diet. Probably supplements are in her regimen too. I'm curious what Dr Lapps regimen is. I know he does dispense medication and really understand the reality, depth of our pain and is very sympathetic to the all encompassing plight we suffer. His receptionist said people travel there from all over the world to see him. It's a 3 hr drive and my husband would have to take the day off work to take me. So it's a commitment in many ways. I'm hoping for the best but I'm so tired of being disappointed. So any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Blessings ~ Sally