considering Vitalaxin and I need help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kcvale, Feb 1, 2010.

1. kcvale

kcvale New Member

A little history:
    Like a lot of people here I have a combination of problems, specifically cfids, fibro, and lupus. I was diagnosed with lupus first (1994) but the fatigue factor was always my worst problem so I considered myself lucky. Until now. Over the past couple of years the fibro pain has kicked in with a vengeance. And it's getting worse. I have tried everything that I know to try and am coming up empty. Most meds increase the fatigue or aggravate migraine headaches so I can't take a high enough dose to do any good. Natural remedies, I've tried most of them but have been less than successful. And what used to work isn't working anymore.

Recently I learned about Vitalaxin, a supplement that contains Relaxin hormone from a Prohealth article, Dr. Samuel Yue and Relaxin Hormone for FM Relief.
    It sounds great. I googled myself silly but couldn't find much research behind the theory. Even so, I ordered a bottle this morning. Tonight I thought of one more search option and googled Relaxin and cancer (1 year anniversary of my Aunt's death is tomorrow). Anyway, I found some things that scared me because I'm not smart enough to decipher the information I found. All the info I found is written in science speak.

I'd appreciate if some of you smart people here would do a google search on cancer and Relaxin and see what you see. I'd like to know what you think. I could really use some input because I'm not sure I'm understanding what I'm reading and I'd like to know if I should take the pills when they arrive or send them back.

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

from what I just saw the info is confusing, and that is in part due to the fact that there is not enough known about seems that certain amts of relaxin increase cancer growth, but other amts may inhibit it....nothing mentions specific amts, though

....then there is also info that seems to suggest differences in short term vs long term exposure - I think it sounded like short term could increase cancer growth and long term could actually do the opposite (but I wouldn't take my word on that)....anyway, that is from what I could understand, and it was rather difficult to fully grasp what was being discussed, and like I said, the research itself said that there is a lot that is not completely understood about relaxin yet

personally I would not take any chances with it unless I found some really compelling evidence that it would really help a lot and if I could somehow monitor closely any signs of cancer....however, again I say that based on only partial understanding of what I read
  3. kcvale

kcvale New Member

Thank you, AuntTammie. That is very disappointing. I couldn't find a lot of reviews for this but those that I found were very promising. Nearly everyone reported a remarkable reduction in pain. And the theory behind it is one of the few that makes a lot of since to me. But it's not worth the risk to me at this time. I sure hope it's returnable. This stuff is not cheap.

4. andreake

andreake New Member

I took vitalaxin for a short period of time. It helped me so much I was able to get off of the copious amounts of morphine and phetonol I was on.

I only took it for a few months and the results stayed.

Also, transfer factor helped me.

Can't afford either one now...wish I could.
  5. kcvale

kcvale New Member

Andreake did you take the regular dose? Did you have any side effects? How long before it wore off after you stopped taking it?

Today is a really painful day and I've got to admit that I am so tempted by this stuff. Scared but tempted. Part of me thinks... Don't I have enough problems without taking something that can cause me more? Then the other part (the part that yelped when I rolled over to get out of bed) is like... This might be something that will give you back you some relief-- go for it!

I really don't know what I'll do when it arrives.