Constant anxious feeling, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I have something on my mind from the moment I wake up till the minute I drift off to sleep. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm so stressed out. Always trying to figure something out. The moments I recognize it and am able to relax I have to tell myself at least I have a moment where I'm able to see it and try to relax. That it takes time to change soemthing like this and each time I'm able to recognize it and focus on relaxing that over time hopefully it will start to change the behavior.

Does anyone else deal with this? It's almost an internal jittery feeling. It certainly can't be healthy :( I find myself doing nervous things like twirling my hair a lot among other things.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2006]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Yes, I think partly it is because we are so trapped by this DD. It leaves us with all this space to fill, so the anxiety sets in. It is a weird feeling in't it? Not like anxiety/anxiety but like a sort of "is the plane going to crash?" type of anxiety if you get my drift.

ONe thing, I think 90% of us have it.

Love Anne
  3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

You get use to it which is sad. I want to get unuse to it and try to change it. Anyone have any advice on how to do this without medication?!
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

Its got to be the most annoying!!

I feel overly anxious alot.
    You know that can't eat,can't sleep feeling when say,...maybe you have a surgery in the morning?
    its always on your mind till its over?? well,...only this is never over,...so the constant brain racing/uptight feeling is with me alot.
    I hate it!! I've found nothing that helps me with this one yet. But I have'nt tried any meds for it.
    I was thinking about trying that Calms forte.?
    I heard it works well for a supplement/homepathy remedy.

Your not alone`. its the pits.
    Your right,..
    How healthy can that be?
    deep breath! and sighs.
  5. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I tried some homeopathic stuff awhile back and I think it helped. I think I had to literally over dose on it though, then it worked so well that it was putting me to sleep. It's stuff you put under your tongue. I might try that again just to see.

Isn't the calms forte stuff for sleep? I think I tried that too and I"m don't think helped. Then again that might be what I tried for the anxiety.

I really need to check into some therapy. There is one that retrains the way you think. I think it would be good.

I hate that anyone else feels this but it's nice to know I'm not alone. It's so hard to cope with. The bad thing is you forget that you're not alone when it gets bad and you forget that it's a "normal" thing for us and then spiral deeper into depression, argh :(
  6. Frecker777

Frecker777 New Member

I have yet to understand or control my anxiety/panic/racing thoughts phenomenon, but as Lamotta said—klonopin and xanax are the recommended treatments. I suffer from this symptom constantly it seems only oscillating only with the fatigue.

And Lamotta77, I do exactly what you said! You should see the tiny nibbles I take off the xanax—and still, if I do this during the day I am totally knocked out and groggy for hours. So now I might try switching over to the klonopin (but I hate pills). I do notice however, when I take the xanax at night it can help me sleep and I feel a bit calmer the next day (but is this even possible since the half-life is so short?)

My doc laughs at the tiny pieces I take and he says he would give that much to a baby…oh well. For me, nothing has helped and it is truly the most devastating part of my illness. Years of therapy have done nothing for me. Maybe I should try taking those calcium/mag pills? Who knows the answer. But my friend with CFS swears by klonopin. Any suggestions would be most appreciated by me as well!
    Cheers,
    Carrie
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

I have it mostly in the mornings and up in the evenings. It always stems from worrying about things I can't control.

BUT sometimes the anxiety is what causes me to be anxious.

Its not constant. it comes and goes and sometimes its very bad.

I hope you find relief as for all of us.

K.
  8. darude

darude New Member

I used to take a pill of xanax or ativan and then crush it and mix with a glass of water!!!! Then I took sips thruout the day it got me thru anxiety and panic attacks. I no longer need it but would do it that way if I ever did.
  9. suave

suave New Member

IS ANYONE RECEIVEING SSD BENEFITS FOR FIBROMYALGIA AND OTHER RELATED SYMPTOMS SUCH AS ANXIETY, DEPRESSION.ETC. RENE (I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA)
  10. suave

suave New Member

I HAVE FIBRO AND REAlly bad chronic anxiety now. i just went a few days ago to see the doctor and now they have given me another drug to take. i was on xanax, now they switched me to ativan, zoloft and amitriptyline. sometimes my anxiety gets so bad i have to take a vicoden or some other stronger pain medicine. i have had fibro for two years now but when i look back i have had alot of the symptoms for years just not the really bad ones. like chronic pain everywhere. is anyone getting ssd for having fibromyalgia.
  11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

If your cortisol levels are high (as mine were), it will leave you constantly jittery and also will interfere with sleep. Clymer Healing Research in Pennsylvania arranged for the testing (saliva test). I foudn them on the Internet and we did everything by mail, e-mail and phone.

My levels were quite skewed and they put me on Seriphos (phosphorylated serine, which is not a prescription drug). I felt a difference within a day, it's great stuff, but you shouldn't take it unless your cortisol is high.

It helped a lot also with insomnia.

I know many people on this board have low cortisol, but I think many may have high cortisol too, and you won't know without testing.

Elliespad is right about the tryptophan, and you can also take 5-htp (hydroxytryptophan), which also raises serotonin levels, but don't take either of these if you're taking an SSRI, your serotonin may go too high and that can be dangerous.

Mary
  12. marw

marw New Member

From the day I got up with FM I also had Anxiety....badly. It is worse upon awaking. Many of the usual drugs...such as SSRI's did not help and made it worse. Many of us are extrememly sensitive to both drugs and supplements, so it is necessary to experiment, but do it carefully with small doses.

What works best for me is Ativan. Oddly, Xanax had the opposite effect that it was supposed to do and I nearly crawled out of my skin the day I tried it. Also cannot take Klonopin. Find a doctor that will work with you on this if this is the route you want to go.

I probaly would have preferred Supplements but have had severe reactions to even the smallest doses of them. L-Tryptophan is particular deadly and I almost died from it. Another bad one is Melatonin. Manyy people have success with these however, so you might want to try them.

I also go to counseling. Although helpful for many things, it doesn't seem to do anything at all for this. This seems to be a chemical disorder in the brain. My own theory is that the brain chemicals that have gone awry are totally different in each person, so what works for one does not work for another. I, for instance, do not want anything that tampers with my serotonin....I believe in myself that there is one receptor only involed in that (the one found in the triptan meds used to treat Migraines, which I can take but only for the Migraine), whereas all those other meds (SSRI's and the like) are affecting too many of the receptors.

Anyway, you are not alone. I know what hell this can be. I wish you all the success in the world with it. Try to find a doctor that will work with you to find what is right for you.

Margaret

13. karen_dean

karen_dean New Member

As a few others have mentioned..about clonazapm..well let me tell ya..I started taking it a few months ago((was taking ativan))..I had juttters..racing brain..contant worry..panic feelings. It was a God send to me. I can not tolerant drugs in general..this is all I take, except otc drugs for pain.

Even though the past while has been really rough 4 me..if it wasn't for taking 1/2 mg. every 6 hrs. and then mayb a full mg before bed...I don't know how I would get a day in.

I sure hope you research this drug ..and if u ask "Mikie" she swears by it to...that's where I got my help was from her...she is a wonderful and knowledged person.

All the best..take good care

Blessings

~~~*Karen*~~~
  14. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

I have anxiety so bad sometimes I do not know what would happen to me if I were to have to go out alone and work like I used to do. If my husband drives over a bridge I freak out holding onto the doors, cant speak sometimes even muffle a scream out, sometimes jerking trying to just get thru the panic. It is the most horrible feeling. I usually sob like a baby after I am so scared and relieved in just a few seconds. My husband used to get upset once he even yelled at me in the midst of an attack but that changed after he saw how real this anxiety is for me. I do not know what causes it I was never afraid of heights, bridges or anything really before. I do know I am better able to handle it if I take my rhodiola rosea like I should, still some anxiety but not nearly as bad. I try to talk myself thru it but still not gone.