Constant dizziness, lightheaded???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jcom, Jul 19, 2006.

1. jcom

jcom New Member

I have experienced extreme dizziness lightheaded and headachy feeling continually for the past 6 months with no relief!!!! Is this a symptom that anyone is experiencing with cfs??
  2. fmcurepls

fmcurepls New Member

I have extreme dizziness, and lightheadedness especially when sitting or standing. It gets worse as my pain increases especially pain in my head or neck. You could try massage or cranial sacral therapy. I have started a post on this. Painkillers work but only for a few hours and then it comes back. I take Fioricet. I hope that you can find some relief because I know it is very very
    uncomfortable to say the least. Sometimes I use creams such as Sombra or Biofreeze on my tight neck muscles and back muscles and this helps.

Also when it occurs have you checked your blood pressure to see if it is too low? I have very low blood pressure but I still think the tight muscles are the problem.

Good luck to you,

Sharon

[This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]
  3. damz68

damz68 New Member

Been dizzy for three years. For me I have high bp, and it does not make any sence. Because of this I felt maybe it was inner ear, but inner ear dizziness is a rocking, cant keep your balance feeling I have that high on drugs dizziness. After many ear test my doc said I was dizzy but it is my brain/eyes causing it not ears!

Are your eyes whack? I can still see fine but it is like my optic nerve has a knot tied in it so when I see something, anything, it is like the message take longer to get to brain. It is just a split second delay but enough to make me dizzy. I find myself staring so that I dont feel as weird and spacy. It is so weird and uncomfortable!

The dizziness along with the burning skin pain I have over 1/3 of body are the two most uncomfortable symptoms I have.

I cant say that all this is common with fibro/CFS, cause I am not to convinced myself that is what I have. Anyway good luck in figuring it out and I hope you can beat it.
  4. jcom

jcom New Member

Thanks sooo much i will give the massage and creams a go.
  5. jcom

jcom New Member

Thanx. Im not sure if mine is related to cfs either but what your talking about with your eyes sounds similar to what i am experiencing!! Not the burning skin though, poor thing, thats got to be uncomfortable.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Fraid so. I was terrible for about 9 months then it lifted a lot after taking an antibiotic for UTI! I still get lightheadedness a lot but the dizzyness and severe vertigo is barely there, just get dizzy for about ten minutes if I overdo things. I took Meclazine(OTC motion sickness pills look for one with meclazine) once a day and it did help.

I am sorry for you as it is the pits and wrecks one's life.

Love Anne Cromwell
  7. fushia

fushia New Member

Hi,

I call them Spinny days & have had them on & off for several years, used to think I was stressed or tired...always managed to blame it on something. Anyway they are more frequent now, sometimes with nausea too & I feel I want to fall over. At the moment I feel so miserable as the only people who really understand are my Dr & Consultant, always having to put on a brave face or cope is so tiring.

sorry to be so gloomy, by the way my diagnosis so far is FM, no mention of CFS.

Fushia.