Constant nightmares with FM and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowerxo, Sep 20, 2008.

1. sunflowerxo

sunflowerxo New Member

Hi all, just wondering if anyone out there has constant nightmares. I don't eat before bed and only take natural vitamins and supplements. My dreams are always being trapped in a house with someone trying to catch me and kill me and when I escape, I always fly treetop but reach a point in the sky where there is a wall and I have to start all over again. Most of my dreams are me trying to get away from being killed. I get stabbed in my dreams and shot also.... Is it my own feelings of trying to escape from this DD and being "normal" again? I want my old life back....
  2. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

As I think most of us do. I'm pretty sure in our dreams we are trying to not let the disease (which is morphed into so many different people/things) kill us. Perhaps it may be your meds/vitamins side effects. Vitamin B6 brings on lots of dreaming. Be sure to take them in the morning. my guarantee for a dream free night is when i treat myself to an Advil PM.

Good luck!!
  3. lallerb

lallerb New Member

I have FM and have horrible nightmares almost every night, and sometimes 3 or more a night. They are similar to yours, but I also suffer from PTSD from being abused as a child. It's usually my father or my older brother who is chasing and trying to kill me. I've even dreamt I was a little defenseless bird being hunted down by my brother. The constant flying would tire me so that I'd lose altitude to where he could almost grab me, but I'd manage to barely muster up enough energy to fly out of range again. Very disturbing.

Additionally, I have pain related nightmares. Often I'll dream someone is driving a wooden wedge into my spine with a sledgehammer. Or I'll be out in public in so much pain I can't stand, but can only crawl and drag myself along. There is never anyone willing to help me. Sometimes I dream I'm in PT, but the therapist refuses to treat the areas that are painful or belive that I'm in pain. They are all very frustrating.

Do you have pain when you get shot and stabbed?
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Some of them are very scary and I stay up for the rest of the night once I wake up from them. I turn on the lights and watch tv, go online or watch a movie to try to calm down again.

It's weird but the times I dream I've been shot are actually pretty cool dreams, once something like that happens I feel total relief. It's the chasing and fighting that causes fear in me like when there are zombies breaking into my house and coming after me. When I was well, chase dreams were some of my favorites because they were like action adventure dreams but I was always able to get away then.

I've had to crawl in my dreams in public too and noone helps me either. I've also dreamt that I have to try to convince people that I'm in terrible pain and that I can't do things and they never believe me either. These are common themes for us I bet.

I do find it amazing that actually being shot or crashing my car feels kind of cool. I believe that's because I don't feel any pain since it's a dream. I think in my case it's also because I look to death as a total relief from all this constant suffering I'm in.

I've read that people with our DDs experience very intense dreams. Our brains and minds are very affected by these illnesses.

5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

make sure none of your natural supplements contain valerian - this gives me horrendous nightmares.

I now take 30g x 2 aconite nightly - its a homeopathic remedy, take a few hours before you want to sleep - it doesnt make me sleepy but it does make my dreams sweeter.