Constant red and mildly sore throat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlie21, Oct 4, 2006.

1. charlie21

charlie21 New Member

Don't know whether this is an FM thing, but I cannot remember the last time my throat ever looked a normal colour. For years it has looked red, and most of the time it isn't sore. Recently my mouth has been quite dry, and I suddenly out of the blue have a coughing fit because of it. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it part of FM do you know. Charlie
  2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

As I understand it this is a symptom of CFS. The sore throats. The first time my present doctor looked at my throat he said "Oh classic (I'm sorry, can't remember the term he used) but it is a red line on each side of the back of your mouth. For me it is always there. The other day I had a sore throat for two days and thought I was getting a cold. But it must have been a CFS sore throat. No one in my family had a sore throat. I have both FMS and CFS.

Sometimes dry mouth can be related to meds. I'm pretty new to all of this so I don't know what else to say.

3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Bumping
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

you have post nasal drip going down your throat. this would also exsplain the cough. i have this and take flonase to keep it under control. charlene