Constant sinus infections.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jittle, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Jittle

Jittle Member

I started suffering chronic sinus infections that started about 1 year before being diagnosed with FM/CFS. After learning/reading about FM I saw that they were a condition that come along with it, so I have been blaming my FM for the constant infections.

This past month I was on levaquin and it did not clear the infection up. Family doc decided to run a CT Scan, and I found out today I have a deviated septum. I looked up that condition, and a symptom of it is also chronic sinus infections. It looked like a very painful and uncomfortable surgery was the only way to fix it.

Yea!, one more condition to deal with... I am so excited. Especially because my head and sinus's have been hurting for over a month straight now.
  2. sascha

sascha Member

it might help. find out how to do it online. i'm using sunflower oil (expeller pressed) right now. don't use any refined (high temp cooking) oils.

it helped my sinus condition. salome
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I used to have chronic sinus infections and they've pretty much cleared up, I think primarily due to getting my vitamin D levels up to where my doc wanted them (around 70 or 75), about double what they used to be.

So you may need to get your deviated septum fixed, but you might try looking at your vitamin D levels first. It really has helped my immune system a lot.

Also, I just a saw a youtube video of someone named Joe Rogan who had the surgery done and two days post-op he's doing quite well and is glad he had it done (he's a little profane but funny). He's trying to encourage people who have been dreading it to get it done.

4. rose515

rose515 Member

I also had this chronically but much less so now. The main difference is an increase in Vit D of 2000 IUs daily. Also this helped reduce all over body pain which I have but it is not fibro. I recently increased my Vit D by another 2000 IUs as my levels of D are still below normal. This helped within 2 weeks. If I eat dairy I will get an sinus infection due to the congestion that diary causes in me. Keeping a dust free house also helps, but the D made the most diff. Getting D levels checked is important. The low norm is 32 but I would like mine to be at least 60 because that is what some studies show to be beneficial at cancer reduction and prevention.
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

and my son's goes to the left. I used to joke with him years ago...lets go for joint nose jobs.

Anyway, A few years ago I started taking oil of oregano to clear it up.....I was sick of antibiotics which throw my body for a loop. Let me know if you're interested in how I take the O of O.

Over 2 months ago I also started taking l00 mg grape seed extract thanks to posts from Jam. Within two weeks I started noticing I could actually breathe out of both nostrils at the same time. This changed a lot for me......I'm sure it's because I'm getting more oxygen. I've passed this info on to my son who has a lot of sinus troubles.