Constant state of PMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srs7874, Mar 10, 2009.

1. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

Do any of the women out there have a constant PMS type feeling as part of their symptoms? For the past few weeks I have been crampy, had a mild headache, been irritable, etc. My period has come and gone but the symptoms have remained. I have had pelvic ultrasounds a few times to address my symptoms and nothing has ever shown up (thank goodness). Thanks!
  2. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

I feel the same way you do, I may go a few days after my cycle, somewhat normal, but after that the PMS sets back in. I do feel like I always have it, it could be part of peri-menopause. I am not sure how old you are, but I am going through that now, along with the Fibromyalgia. Good luck to you, and you are not the only one going through it.

Best Wishes! SB
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I don't know how old you are either, but it could definitely be hormonal.
    Are you on medication that is messing with your cycle at all? I've just been off/weird for the last year, so I can't even tell if it's PMS until after the fact ya know?

Do you have any IBS by any chance?
  4. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

I am only 34 and not on the pill at this time. I hope it is not peri-menopause :). The syptoms started around the time of PMS but my period is now totally gone and the symptoms are worse.

As far as IBS goes, I do get constipated from time to time but right now my bowels are normal and my symptoms are not any better after I go.

Sometimes I wonder where the pain is originating from. Could it be muscular and I am just assuming it is coming from inside? Guess that wouldn't explain the headaches though.

I appreciate your replies!
  5. nixon

nixon New Member

I had the EXACT same symptoms, it seemed like I was lucky if I had 1 good week per month.....always felt like I was PMS-ing! It was horrible for me!! I also was having painful sex, not terrible....but definetely not GREAT!
    I already deal with ALOT of problems caused by HPV. So...I explained all of this to my Gynecological Oncologist.....he said that I (personally) had fibroids. Since I was already going in for a different female surgery I also had a hysterectomy. After I healed up from that.....I was amazed how good I PMS type feelings anymore-not to mention sex greatly improved!! No bloating,lower back pain, headchey,moody,stomach hurting,breast tenderness (that was BAD for me)

So- what I'm getting to is that I BELIEVE it's all fibro related....and the pain is radiated from the uterus-the outer layer of the uterus is MUSCLE...and you know we all (most) have muscle problems.

Another thing that could be possible endometriosis-it is commonly associated with FMS/ a little research on that.....if it doesn't have anything to do with fibroids or's just another crazy FMS/CFS "symptom".

By the way....I'm 39, and hormone levels are ok, even after having my hysterectomy I'm yet to develope menopausal a matter of fact, when I was 35 and on Depo Provera..I experienced what seemed like"menopause"- night sweats, terrible mood swings,etc!! That finally went away about 2 yrs. later. At the time it was SOOOO BAD, that I told my hubby when I finally do hit menopause it will be a breeze after dealing with all of the miserable symptoms I suffered.

I hope my post "possibly" helps a bit....... Andrea
  6. nixon

nixon New Member

Have you ever thought of having a vaginal ultrasound??

Just a thought........................ Andrea
  7. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

and my ob/gyn advised this could also have something to do with adhesions (which do not show up on an ultrasound.)

Also was advised there was no indication of endometriosis or fibroids, and no PID dx. No explanation of origin either. After having a hysterectomy I felt better but I still have pelvic pain from time to time. I have been told that it could be from scar tissue forming again.

8. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

Thanks so much for all of your replies. It is really helpful to know I am not the only one going thru this!

Yes, I have had multiple vaginal ultrasounds . . . the most recent being summer of 2007. I guess I will make another appt. to the obgyn!!!

For those of you who said you had similar symptoms . . . did you have other symptoms too, like bloating, constipation, etc.? Thanks!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/11/2009]