Constant Upset Stomachdifficult time taking supplements now

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steach, Dec 2, 2006.

1. steach

steach Member

Hi Friends-

I am having a very, very difficult time with constant upset stomach. I do take Nexium and Nulev on a daily basis, in addition to several other meds.

I had been taking supplements regularly which improved my symptoms of fatigue and pain. For the past few months, I can't take them because they upset my stomach even more. I felt so much better when taking the supplements.

Any suggestions for a natural remedy to help with the upset stomach/nausea?

Steach
  2. steach

steach Member

Not Probiotics but something called Proactazyme(?). I believe they are somewhat equivalent, however, after doing alot of research, I believe the product that I am taking has more beneficial ingredients.

Steach
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

I just read a blurb on the Proactazyme. Looks like an Enzyme formula. I would add a good Probiotic. Enzymes are very good, but are NOT Probiotics. Also very good for upset stomach/nausea, is Ginger. Can buy in capsules in any health food store.

So,,

1. Probiotics
    2. Digestive AND Systemic Enzymes
    3. Ginger

Hope this helps.
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

ive had stomach problems for years and the only thing that has helped is
    1.. dgl licorice root
    2..gaucatonga
    3..digestive enzymes
    you can look them up on line there all pretty much dont have drug interactions as long as the licorice root is dgl charlene
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

There's a pill I take for all stomach upset, from heartburn to eating too much to taking supplements when my stomach doesn't want anything in it. It's called Total Cleanse by Solaray. It clears up any stomach problem for me in a few minutes. You drink a glass of water with it; it's got mostly psyllium and a bunch of liver beneficial herbs. It says you can take up to 4 capsules but I never need more than one. I've been using it for years. I won't leave my house without a couple of pills in my purse. You can get it at a health food store. good luck

karen

6. Icecreammm

Icecreammm New Member

I have taken nexium too it gave me a stomach problem too. I tried mutiple medications and finally just tried a generic brand in the store. It seems to work for me. Well good luck and hope you feel better
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Just curious if you are also suffering from constipation? I've had a problem for quite a while due to meds I take -

I notice when my constipation is relieved, my symptoms of indigestion, nausea, poor appetite, etc. are much improved.

I was taking Nexium every day and recently started a drug called Amitiza for idiopathic constipation. It is too soon to tell, but so far I am better.

8. joyfully

joyfully New Member

nexium doesn't work for me, but Prilosec does. You can buy it over the counter. The stronger dosage is by prescription only.
  9. steach

steach Member

I really appreciate all of the helpful info. I will try the probiotics along with the proactazyme and check into purchasing the others from the health store.

I do not have any bowel problems associated with the upset stomach/nausea.

Steach
  10. forfink

forfink New Member

DGL licorice is good
    Also, learned on this board that Papaya extract is excellent. had a friend try it and she loved it.

I have gerd and a bad stomach also. The only med that has ever worked is Zantac 2x's a day 150 mg. Tried all the fancy stuff. Took Prevacid, my stomach was in pain for 2 days. I am still surprised at that. Just goes to show, they all don't work wonderful for all people, that's for sure. Good luck finding a good match.
  11. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I swear by decaf mint green tea. I always run to it before I run to the alka-seltzer, and so far I haven't made it to step two!

I don't know whether it's the peppermint or the green tea but it sure helps, even if I'm having a horrible stomach pain attack.

I use agave nectar to sweeten it instead of sugar or nasty sweetener stuff.
  12. forfink

forfink New Member

That sounds like a very good idea. I will try the mint green tea. Agave nectar also is a new one, I've never heard of. Thanks
  13. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Just curious is you also have constipation? If so I found it can cause your symptoms. Another thing to check is your gallbladder.

I had gallstones for several years undiagnosed. I had terrible problems with digestion and was also taking Nexium and another drug called Carafate. I was sick every day.

A few months ago my doctor ran a ten minute ultrasound of the gallbladder and discovered I had many stones. The surgeon told me many people think they have gastric reflux and other digestive problems when it is actually gallbladder disease.

Some doctors seem to overlook this if you are not having drastic symptoms of a gallbladder attack. My surgeon just shook his head when I told him how long I was sick.

I had my gallbladder out by laparoscopic surgery on Nov. 5th and many of my symptoms are now gone.

For some reason I have had constipation for years and since using the Miralax and Colace every night, no more of that.
    Miralax is a prescription but harmless and very easy to use.

If you still have a gallbladder you might get it checked out.