Constant yawning, fullness in face (no mucus) and chest pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Mar 14, 2006.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Any one else? It's driving me mad! TIA Shelbo
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

The chest pain is awful. Mine just cleared up today mostly but went into giant migraine. Yuk.

Anne C
  3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

No one else?

Ps Cromwell, do yo know what causes it? Thanks Shelbo
  4. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Did you have your cortisol levels checked lately. It could be responsible for the fullness in the face. Do you have a face that's swollen looking?
  5. shelbo

shelbo New Member

last year and a half due to this DD!! What are cortisol levels...I can't have had them checked since I don't know what they are!! :) Can you let me know? Thanks so much, Shelbo
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

tHAT CHEST PAIN, ESP THAT ALL AROUND RIBS INTO BACK IS CAUSED BY THE TRANSVERSE COLON BEING swelled up with bacteria/gas or IBS?

I was wondering if you ever get bloating in abdomen.

Also, have you had your thyroid checked or been checked for Cushings?

Love Anne C
  7. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Cortisol is one of the adrenal hormones in your body. Often referred to as the "wake up", or "stress" hormone. It's one of many hormone levels that should be checked if you have FMS/CFS - too much or too little can cause all sorts of health problems.

Other hormones that should be checked if you haven't already are TSH,Free T4, Free T3,Free Testosterone,Estrogen,Progesterone,Cortisol,DHEA, Pregnenalone, IGF-1. Your doctor should be able to have these tests run for you.
  8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Just had my cortisol checked and it's 4.8. Could this be causing problems for me? The range is 4-27. My doctor said it is normal. She said all my tests are normal. I am going to the FFC soon.
    Thanks
  9. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

The FFC will tell you that your cortisol needs to be up around 15 to 20 for a morning reading. Not sure when yours was done. You should have blood drawn in the morning before eating anything.