Consultation fee for LLMD?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by elliespad, Feb 18, 2008.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

I called the LLMD in my State and was told his initial consultation fee is $750. Can others tell me what their doctors' initial fees are? This is excessive and prohibitive, to me.
  2. highcotton

highcotton New Member

hi ellie,

I paid 750 for a LLMD in SC, with 350 for follou ups. Does not include labs.

I am going to pay 350-400 for LLMD in MD soon, wiht follow ups 150-200

good luck
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Thanks for your response. Just curious, are you not happy with the LLMD you are/were seeing in SC? I'm used to paying out of pocket for most of my doctors, typically $250-400 for initial consultations, but that is pretty steep.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

is due to not being able to take any pts with insurance... from what I've read/heard... due to the legal problems.... originally the fees were very much lower even if one had no insurance.

5. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

My doctor charged $460 for the initial visit. I had already tested separately before I arrived. $165 for a scheduled follow up phone consult. An unannounced phone call from doc was $75. Unfortunately, insurance didn't cover out of network doc.

CherylSue

I paid $190 for my Igenex test kit, so I saved $50 doing it myself through my local doc.

[This Message was Edited on 02/22/2008]
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

WOW, a LLMD who also a PPO provider? Can you tell me who your doctor is? I also have BC/BS PPO.

Think I will post a separate thread asking about LLMDs being PPO provider.
  7. zena01

zena01 New Member

My new patient visit was 525. follow ups will be 220, phone consults 90 for 15 minutes, (his Practice Guidelines Brochure states "many patients live a long distance from our office making frequent trips cost prohibitive. to help reduce patient cost Dr. H will make himself avail for phone consults"
    they do not bill insurance but give you receipts to submit to your ins company. Unfortunately he is "out of network" although I'm going to send a letter about no lyme doctor is in network with my receipt so they should pay the 80% but we'll see how that goes. I pay 438 a month for insurance in the Oregon Medical Ins Pool of BlueCross/BlueShield as I found I was "uninsurable" after my cobra was over.
    Health costs are rapidly depleting my 401k and house sale money and am hoping now that I have lyme diagnosis that my appeal with the LTD company will get some money coming in. Am still waiting for ssi hearing originally applied 6/2005 - I guess OR is one of the slowest.
    Zena
  8. ritarhoads

ritarhoads New Member

At our lyme clinic in Lancaster County, PA the initial is about $150 plus labs and natural supplements. I am a nurse practitioner. At Dr M in Rockville Md, his is $375 plus labs and natural supplements. When he does an initial at our office it is around $250 plus the above. I heard of one Dr in PA who is $1000. So there is a wide range.
  9. connieaag

connieaag New Member

for my daughter with Dr. C. I am SO HAPPY he can see her next Tuesday! We have to drive 7 hours to see him, but I think it will be worth it. His consult for 1-1/2 hours is $460.

Connie