Contacting Congressperson?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hatbox121, May 4, 2009.

  1. hatbox121

    hatbox121 New Member

    What's the best way to contact your congressperson to help with the ALJ hearing? (move it along). What should I put in the letter? I want to do this but just don't really know how. I could do it on my own but if anyone has done it before successfully and could give me some hints I'd really appreciate it.
  2. Spinetti

    Spinetti New Member

    An easy way to contact your representatives is to go to the
    site (google: congress) and enter your zip code. The site then lists all your government reps with addresses and links to their web sites.

    Most of the sites have an email form to contact the congressperson. The sites also give phone numbers.

    Short emails are about all I can manage. I've always gotten replies.

    Best wishes!

  3. jmq

    jmq New Member

    I tried it and it hasnt made a difference. I am STILL waiting. They wrote a letter to SS Office asking what the status of my claim was and why it was taking so long...all we got back was an explanation from SS saying it was assigned to a Judge and there was a back log of cases.


  4. rockgor

    rockgor Well-Known Member

    to Congress people when I was young and naive. The results varied. Sometimes
    I got no reply, and sometimes I got a form letter. But I never got any

    I doubt the Congress person ever sees the letter. Well, maybe if it has a large
    campaign contribution attached.

  5. hatbox121

    hatbox121 New Member

    I have sent letters to my congressman before regarding things going on in congress and have always gotten a personal response. I just don't know the best way to put asking him to help with my disability. I suppose I'll do like I always do and just make it up as I go along. I used to be able to write beautifully, if I do say so myself ;), but now I more or less ramble because my thoughts are so random and incohherent at times.

[ advertisement ]