CONTAGIOUS? (for Dr. Lerner, etc. patients)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by flannery, Feb 18, 2009.

1. flannery

flannery New Member

For those being treated for chronic EBV and/or related viruses, has anyone asked (Dr. Lerner, etc.) if EBV,etc. is contagious in the chronic or reactivated state?
  2. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

I asked him if I was contagious to my husband, and he said "no". I believe he thinks "normals" can fight these viruses and put them into latency so they are not in danger.

I'm not sure if he thinks we are contagious though to others like us - those that have a genetic defect that stops the viruses from going into latency.

3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i agree. plus with us the viruses are probably in our central nervous system/brain and not much in our blood. i dont think i have any in my blood. i have been tested many times.
  4. flannery

flannery New Member

Thank you, ladybugmandy and SpecialK82 for your responses. I appreciate your input.
    - flannery
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

although we're not supposed to be contagious it is a fact that M.E./CFS can be found in 'clusters'

the book Osler's Web talks about it in the States - I think an outbreak was around Lake Tahoe

- Royal Free Hospital in UK

all outbreaks

In the street I lived in when I became ill, there were 5 of us with it including my daughter.

Now whether this is because there was an environmental chemical thing going on (and there was where I lived) or because its is contagious (some people might have a stronger disposition to it then others) I dont know, nobody knows.

Maybe a bit of both.