Contemplating Cats

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tansy, Nov 8, 2007.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." --Anonymous

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." --Anonymous

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow." --Jeff Valdez

"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." --English proverb

"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." --Ellen Perry Berkeley

"One cat just leads to another." --Ernest Hemingway

"Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later." --Mary Bly

"Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia." --Joseph Wood Krutch

"People that hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life." --Faith Resnick

"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." --Anonymous

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." --Hippolyte Taine

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." --Albert Schweitzer

"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God." --Anonymous

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well." --Missy Dizick

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats." --Colonial American proverb

"Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want." --Joseph Wood Krutch

"I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic." --Anonymous

"My husband said it was him or the cat... I miss him sometimes." --Anonymous
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

When choosing a pet, keep in mind that to a dog, you're family; to a cat, you're staff...

3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

These are great, Tansy! I think I shall always be lucky as I seem to be able to make friends with strange cats...and dogs...but, I don't have a dog...I have a cat.

Thanks for posting brightened my night. I must go hug my kitty.

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

A friend gave me a little book a few years back with sayings in it, some of which you've posted - I adore cats, always had them.

5. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

I have seen your new kittens on your profile. I had siamese sisters and they were a handful too; real characaters and great company.

Though I am more of a dog lover, cats seemed more practical and Siamese cats have a good mix of cat and dog charactersitics.

Currently I have neither; I'm stretched beyond the realistic limits financially and being on my own I felt it would be unfair on any pets during my bad patches or days.

I am sure your kittens provide you with welcome distractions.

TC, Tansy
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Would watch TV with me and put his paw into my hand. We were like an old married couple watching TV and holding hands. I still miss him. He was such a gentleman cat. When he died suddenly, the neighbors had a wake for him and toasted to "On hollova fine cat." They knew him because he would go with me to visit or they would see us out when we went for walks. He stayed with me like a dog. He and my dog were best friends before she died.

I planted a big philodendron in our outside stiarwell atrium and it is huge now. There is a rock underneath the leaves etched with the word, "Friend," on it to honor Mr. Big's memory.

Love, Mikie
  7. gardengirl12

gardengirl12 New Member

welll i always had a thing for dogs and was always affarid of cats for some reason .so i never thought of having one .But when my mom passed away i was crying all the time i missed her soo very much .One day at my door was a stray cat she would not leave my house so after a while i gave in to her .i took her to the vet and had her checked and the vet said she was about 1 yr old and in good health .

well then i took it as an omen that my mom had sent her to me for company .we became the best of friends she would go where ever i went even in a paddle boat she was the best friend i ever had she was with me for 16yrs 2years ago she passed away and i was so sad again my friends got together and took me to a shelter to pick a new friend and i said i didnt think i wanted another one i walked near a cage and saw this little golden girl with strawberry high light and thought how sais she was so skinny the shelter people said she was stuck in a wall for 2 weeks and she was not friendly .all of a sudden she put her paw through the bars and touched my hand and the lady was amazed .you know the rest of the story of course i took it as an omen to give her a home we are the best of friends .So now i know i will always have a friend because if you go to the shelters.someone will touch your heart.

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

After Mr. Big died, I went to a neighbor's house and her big cat hopped up on the half-wall divider and stood up and rubbed her front teeth very gently on my chin. This is about the highest level of expressing love a cat can do. She knew I was in mourning. It was such a comfort to me.

I believe our pets are Heaven sent to help us.

Love, Mikie
  9. gardengirl12

gardengirl12 New Member

that was so nice i do beleive we will see them again they are waiting at the rainbow bridge.
    Hugs Linda
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have always believed that animals are special spirits who help us in so many ways. Those of us who love them so and recognize their spirituality receive so much in return from them.

Love, Mikie