Continuing herpes outbreaks, meds not helping, 6 wks now

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cheri5151, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Cheri5151

Cheri5151 New Member

I was doing well until dr. suggested no pain meds for 3 mths and then would put me back on if no improvement. I was doing really well, now I can't leave my house. Any physical exerction causes increase in itching and burning on face in places I never had problems with before...just corner of mouth. I could take 1-2 acyclovir (200 mgs) and symptoms would go away. I am in constant pain, and completed 3 mth trial off MS Contin, but Dr says I am not stable. Rehab dr recommended that i go back on meds, but condition continues to deteriorate. Unable to drive to store, go anyway with out increase in systoms. Dosage of acyclovir increased to 800 mgs 4xday. HELP!!

Anyone had this problem? I try to eat healthy. Drink lots of water, eliminating MSG anda bad stuff from diet. Sleep is inconsistent. 7 hrs is good. 4-5 not enough. Naps help.

Open to suggestions from anyone who can help. Thanks

Cheri
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Transfer factor might be a possibility for you. I am just starting to learn about transfer factor myself, but there are lots of people on the board who have experience with it and could give you some guidance.

If you want to find out about transfer factors in general and to learn which transfer factors target which pathogens, try googling the following.

learnabouttf

Natural Immunity makes a formula called 512 that is supposed to target oral and genital herpes.

Be sure to ask about this on the board in a separate thread if you're interested. A lot of folks here know a lot about TF even if they don't have herpes simplex.

Good luck.

Best, Lisa

3. victoria

victoria New Member

it's well-known that this amino acid can help, my husband uses it to control his. You might want to look up alternative methods on the web.

Hope this helps,
    Victoria

4. swehling

swehling New Member

Could you have shingles? I know they are very painful. I have not had a serious outbreak of herpes since I was firat diagnosed years ago. But I'm now taking Lyrica, which is supposed to help people w/ shingles reduce their pain. Might look into it.
    Susan
  5. Cheri5151

Cheri5151 New Member

stuff to help with the herpes problem. I am doing better, halleluyia!! Also started taking Lysine. Thanks so much!

Cheri
  6. Cheri5151

Cheri5151 New Member

suggestion. I tried the learnabouttf from immune support. I am doing much better. thanks so much.

Cheri