Convention in NJ 11/05/05

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goaska29, Oct 27, 2005.

1. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I know this was mentioned before on the boards, but I couldn't find the thread. Is anyone else planning to attend the convention Dr. Cheney is speaking at in NJ on Nov 5th? I think I might have talked my boyfriend into going, but I wanted to see if anyone else thought it was worth it.

Thanks,
    GoAskAlice
  2. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

What is the location of this conference? That would play a big part in my decision.

Do you know any other of the specifics? Price? Starting time?

Mar
  3. cph13

cph13 Member

I am seriously giving it thought. Just waiting to see how the weather is going to be. I don't do cold as many of us don't.
    Goask, where are U coming from? I will reach out to Joanng from the boards she lives in my town 14A off the tpke.

Let's try in keep this at the top of the boards
    Do you know when is the last day for the $ to be in. I hear one of the doctors Levine has a practice in NY. that is the main reason I want to go. I have no fibro dr. anymore and am sick of the doctors around here rheumatologists. I lost my fibro dr. to Long Island some years ago. Loved the guy but that is one heck of a schlep. My DH used to take me to Phillie to see him. Now, I travel alone so it's difficult. DH passed.
    Love to hear from anyone in this area that is going. Esp. from 14A
    Joanng I will try in find U on here.
    Thanks
    cph
  4. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I'm coming from Washington, DC, but my family lives in NY, so I'd probably head there after the convention. It's about a 4 hour drive from where I live, so that's why I'm still debating. I think the registration deadline might be this monday (halloween!).

I just don't wanna waste gas $$ if they're all gonna tell us the same thing we already know and common sense "tactics" to deal with CFS/FM. I do, however, want to hear Shanon McQuown speak. She lives in my area and has been dealing with a son with CFIDS for awhile. I just feel like a mother might be more vigilant than just a doc who studies it.

Still debating....
  5. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

Thanks for the info, stin. I'm going to think about this. I live about an hour or so away from Eatontown (I'm south of Princeton now), but I know my way around there b/c I used to live just a bit north of it.

DH would have to agree to come with me, I can't drive for that distance anymore. I've bookmarked the site also, looks like a good one.

Thanks again
    Mar
  6. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

7. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

This is actually 20 minutes away from me, but I read the topics at the seminar and don't feel drawn to it for some reason.

I'd like to hear from you folks what may be of help in the talks given.

Thanks!
  8. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

9. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Would really appreciate any reviews & comments on any news shared at this meeting. Had considered going, but now cannot make it driving from Philly.
  10. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Did anyone attend that can give others a quick summary?