Conversation Feature; messages

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Jan 20, 2015.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kids

We had a Conversation Feature here for a while. Don't know if it's still
    here or not. Anyhoo I don't see it.

I discovered the other day that several folks had sent me messages. When
    I attempted to respond , I got a notice that said "Invalid Message". All the
    messages vanished. Even the box in the upper right hand corner vanished.

All too confusiatin' fur me. At any rate, don't want anydobby waiting like
    the poor fellow in the old song "The Letter That Never Came". (Yes, you
    can hear it on Youtube. Played by Charlie Poole and his North Carolina
    Ramblers circa 1913. A historical treasure that marries tragedy with
    banjo picking.)

Ok, Neighbors
  2. lincamp

lincamp Member

Hi Rock, MIA stopping by.

I read the Porch Light often and keep up w you all, I just never post.

I found the conversation link....look up at the top tool bar, next to your user name it says INBOX,
    click on that and you can start a conversation...wolla

Have fun conversating :D

3. rockgor

Hi Linda

It's been a dry spell. Long time no sea. Well, the inbox wasn't there yesterday, but
    it's back again. Perhaps it was your siren call that lured it back.

Anyhoo, thank you too much as one of my coworkers used to say. Hope things
    are fine with you and your casa.

4. rockgor

Hi Again, Linda. Tried to send you a message using the Converifying App.

After I hit send, I got a message that said: Security Error. Go back
    and refresh the page. Try again.

I haven't had a refresh button for a decade or so. I think I will just
    ignore that patch and concentrate of greener pastures.

Here's a little joke I came across on the net. "Old Age comes at a
    bad time."

5. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

HI ROCK, and HI LINDA!

About REFRESH --

Here's a tip.

Top line of your keyboard "should be" some FUNCTION KEYS, like F1, F2, etc. (That's where they are located on my keyboard.)

Look for the key labeled F5 or f5.

Press that once.

That should refresh your page!

Kevin told me that F5 is "usually" the "universal refresh button". (I just tried it and it worked. I use Windows 7 and Firefox.)

Good luck, and maybe (fingers crossed) this will help.

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Rock, all you have to do is click on a member's username below the avatar pic. You can click on "Start a conversation." It will be a private conversation between you and that person.

Love, Mikie
  7. rockgor

Hi Diane

Tell Kevin thanks for the info. I did click on F5 just now. Nothing noticeable
    happened. Don't know if it worked or not.

Hi Mikie. I got as far as typing a message. It was when I clicked on "Send" that
    everything went cattywampus.

BTW, we used to have a copy of The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental
    Disorders in our law library. One of my former coworkers called to chat. She
    mentioned that the definition of OCD has been expanded in the latest edition.
    It now includes Obsessive Cat Disorder.

Rock :rolleyes:
  8. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

Rock, I was reading your reply while I was sipping on my cup of coffee. I almost made a mess on my keyboard. LOL

I LOL'd about OCD. What a hoot! :)

By the way, if there's nothing much to refresh, F5 will be done in less than the blink of an eye! So, maybe it works for you? Keep trying! :)

"cattywampus" -- I had to look that up! Never heard that before.

Later, 'gators --

9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

ROCK and DIANE - I have not heard of Cattywumpus but I had heard of kittywampus or something like that wonder where that came from . Sorry I cannot stay. DH needs the computer .

TTYL ! Granni
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Well, I have two forms of the disease: I'm obsessive about my cats and my Catts (orchids).

My ex has OCD and when the girls were little, they mistakenly said he had "obsessive, repulsive disease." When the game show, "Concentration" was on, DD#1 always called it, "Constipation." These are the funny things we remember even after the kids are grown. When the moon wasn't full, DD#1 always called it, "a piece of moon." She's the one who said, "today, tomorrow and tonow."

Love, Mikie
  11. rockgor

Hey, Guys

I heard cattywampus now and then when I was a kid. My mother said it the
    most, but others did too. I looked it up. Found two definitions. Askew or
    misaligned; and messed up. Everyone I knew meant messed up.

Granny, never heard of kittywampus. I suppose that would be the diminutive
    form. Slightly less messed up.

Mikie, Today ,Tomorrow and Tonow are too, too much; to die for; too, too cute,
    and just too, too.

Rock :)
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  12. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

:)Hi Linda, et al,

Gee that sure was a surprise when I saw you popping in. Please drop by again and let us know how you have been doing. We sure do miss you and so many out there. Hope all is well with you and family.

Hi to Rock, Diane, Mikie, SW, SUN, DAR and all who may be lurking out there, like Linda.

DIANE - Thanks for mentioning the F5 being for refresh. I just tried it and it did, I guess. However, I hadn't had any problems with the page in the first place. You are lucky that Kevin lives with you so e can help with problems. Our son is a guru but lives about 1 hr or more away and for him to answer a text or e-mail is big deal. He is SO busy !!! Hope you are feeling better after all your flu stuff :(.

MIKIE - I think I got mixed up on which were the drinks that you usually make for yourself. I think it was the green drinks. I need to work on those and see if I an find some that actually taste not to bad. If they don't taste that great DH probably won't drink them but I might. Yes, it did come with some recipes. Have you made any green drinks with kale? If so what do you put with them to sweeten them up a bit? I know some fruits, maybe an apple. DH bought some he apples at Sams awhile ago and I wish they were smaller so the wouldn't sit around so long and then go bad. DH is not a big fruit eater and I have to push myself. Certain things I really like in season. Melons are great but then you have to cut them up. I am getting so lazy. I have been trying to remember to put some greens in some canned soups. I also put some in our pasta among other things. . Kale will work in cooking if you saute it and put garlic in the olive oil, etc. and add tomatoes and then pasta. For the first time it came out pretty good. Trying to do more stuff with greens with DH's cholesterol problems. He has borderline diabetes, so trying to use the whole grain pastas or ones made with veggies, due to his sugar problems, his A1c was up to 5.9. This cooking for someone with some borderline problems along with my own stuff is for the birds. My cholesterol and sugar is fine but trying to lower my b/p and MAYBE some of this good stuff will help my pain. So far I see spinach is good for cooking and putting in soups. It probably also makes a sweeter drink esp along with fruit .

JULIE - Hope all is well with you and all in your family and that you find that d - - - - d or silly pipe.. Hope so Lorraine is feeling better with that cough she had that scared everyone. Look forwards to hearing from you when you can. I know how busy you always are but try not to knock yourself out sweetie !! Hpe all thngs are statue quo with all you have going on with you.

ROCK - Don't feel bad about the computer getting you all crazy. You, my dear are NOT he only one. So many hear know so much bot flowers. I just know what I like and what is pretty. Tans for posting those flower. They are so pretty and colorful. To bad that some don't have a bloom for very long. My dear Mother loved flowers and she sure knew more than I. Thanks also to GORDON for his part in the posting and DIANE too.

Gotta run and finish up dinner.

Love to everydobby,
    Granni :)