Convulsions?? What and why?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, Sep 27, 2006.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

I get a trembling in my hands, sometimes just one hand or a foot, etc. Not too often and none lasted long at all.

Today I was laying on the couch and my whole body tensed and started jerking......from head to foot. Came right out of that fast.

Any ideas or suggestion? Susan
  2. m5shelly

m5shelly New Member

Just a thought. Could be parkinson's, or a form of consciouse seizure.
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

some with CFS have sezieres for unknown reasons. If you have CFS, then it could be from that.
  4. sues1

sues1 New Member

I did make a dr. appt. before posting. I forgot to mention it.

I was just achy and laying on the couch but not going to sleep at the time.

My mother had Parkinson's, and it makes me wonder. I know that I am not causing it. I have read of a possible connection between CFS and Parkinson's. Also some Parkinson meds are being used on "CFIDers".

Again.....thanks..........Susan
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

6. suz45

suz45 New Member

Sues1

Sounds like something in your CNS is not working, have you noticed any other strange symptoms befor the jeking...Have you lost conciousness or been in a dream like state where you are sorta aware, but not really.

I have had complex partial seizures since age 13 (head injury) I am contolled now with meds, however you need to get into a doctor. Has anyone witnessed these, this can be helpful for the diagnosing doctor.

Do these incidents occur when you are more tired or with overdoing it, not eating (low blood sugar). I'm just trying to give you ideas to look at. Keep a journal.

Also do you get really tired or a bad dull headache after these events or nausea. This could be an idicator of a neuro disorder.

See your doctor...I think this is imprtant.

Let us know how you make out

in health
    Hugs,

Suz45
  7. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Chemicals may have attacked your central nervous system.
  8. m5shelly

m5shelly New Member

The reason I mention seizures earlier in this thread, is because I started having unconcious seizures 14 years ago. I also have the kind that are mild and happen when I am falling asleep. I don't really have tremors when concious (except for my RLS), but I can relate becuase my mother-in-law has parkinsons.
    Good luck... and let us know what the doc says.