Cookeville Tennesse area FMS/CFS suppport Group forming

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tngirl, Jan 13, 2006.

1. tngirl

tngirl New Member

The first meeting will be Saturday, Jan. 21st at 10 a.m.
    It will be held at the Cookeville Hospital in Room 2 of the Educational Department. We will meet every 3rd Saturday of each month.

If you enter through the outpatient registration entrance, go down the hall as if going to the OB department. There is a sign that says "Education".

I hope to see you there. Who is interested in coming? I know there was a post about it back in Nov or early Dec.

2. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I am very interested and am planning on coming to the first meeting.

I am starting to herx now with my new meds so I am feeling pretty rough but I hopefully will be able to make it.

Thanks for posting.

Dani
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

interested in a support group. This Saturday is the first meeting. Anyone besides Country Mom planning to attend?
  4. kkfoster

kkfoster New Member

I may be interested in coming to a fm support group. The next 8 weeks or so will be hard for me to do it, but after that - i could. I live in Nashville and have not seen one in Nashville yet. Do you know of one? THANKS.
  5. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I thought more people were interested a few months ago...

has this been advertised anywhere locally?

I still plan on making it( it will be hard on me though) ,but if it just gonna be the 2 of us...

maybe we can try again next month.

What do you think?
  6. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

7. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Yes, more did seem to be interested a couple of months ago.

including the two of us, 2 others have committed to coming.

It has been advertised only in Smithville and Sparta as far as I know. Both in the paper and radio. Flyers have been put up a few places as well.

My contact at educational dept. of the hospital said that she talked to several people in Cookeville that are interested in attending the group.

I don't remember where you live, but I hope you can come.
    Was it McMinnville? Would you be interested in carpooling if someone else lives in your area?

I think the grow in numbers.

I hope you are able to come.

I will try to remember to check this board again tonight to see if you have any other questions.
  8. kimmyTN09

kimmyTN09 New Member

Hi,
    I am from Kingsport, TN and I wish we had a support group here. I am very interested to see how your meeting goes. Do keep me informed.
    Take Care,
    Kim[This Message was Edited on 01/20/2006]
  9. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Well, I just got home from work. 130 am.I am usually home by 9 pm.

Don't know if I will make it to the meeting, my girls will have me up I am sure but I don't know How functional I will be.

Dani
  10. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I understand if you don't feel up to coming today. Sometimes I am just too exhusted to move, never mind about the pain.

I hope you will be able to come to a meeting, perhaps next month. I'll keep you informed.
  11. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Kim and KK, Thanks for the interest in the group. I will keep you updated.

KK we would love to have you join our group, but I feel like there is one closer to you than Cookeville. I will see if I can get some information for you and I will post it here.

I called hospitals in the area and asked if they knew of a support group. Cookeville (which is about 30 minutes from me) used to have one that had disbanded. Another person had left her name as a contact person for those interested in starting a support group. We got together and had a wonderful time talking. The group has grown from that. Today is our first meeting, I am excited about it :)

12. tngirl

tngirl New Member

It was a small group-just five of us but we had a good time. From now on the meeting will be on the 2nd Saturday of each month which is Feb. 11.
  13. tngirl

tngirl New Member

14. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I couldn't get out of bed until 10 so I missed ya, I'll put the next one on my calendar!

Dani