Coping- for telern89

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

I have recently been didgnosed with FM and CFS- a little over 2 years ago. I, too, keep pushing- I work 6 hours a day and still try to keep up the house and cook decent meals every night. Although both my children are grown and are on their own it is very hard to make it through each day. My husband has drug induced Fibromyalgia so we are both suffering and are not able to do much. I, too, am on Ultram for pain and Ambien for sleep. I asked her about Elavil but she did not recommend it because of weight gain I tried muscle relaxants and they made it worse for me. So you take very little prescription pain meds? I cannot take aspirin or ibuprofen because of GERD and I also have a seizure disorder and am on Dilantin. I try to stretch every day and soak in a hot tub but feel no better. What about supplements? Taking any? How do you cope?
    Debbie
  2. Pinky

Pinky New Member

I have recently been didgnosed with FM and CFS- a little over 2 years ago. I, too, keep pushing- I work 6 hours a day and still try to keep up the house and cook decent meals every night. Although both my children are grown and are on their own it is very hard to make it through each day. My husband has drug induced Fibromyalgia so we are both suffering and are not able to do much. I, too, am on Ultram for pain and Ambien for sleep. I asked her about Elavil but she did not recommend it because of weight gain I tried muscle relaxants and they made it worse for me. So you take very little prescription pain meds? I cannot take aspirin or ibuprofen because of GERD and I also have a seizure disorder and am on Dilantin. I try to stretch every day and soak in a hot tub but feel no better. What about supplements? Taking any? How do you cope?
    Debbie