Coping with arthritis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fsirois, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Fsirois

Fsirois New Member

Hello,
    My name is Fuschia and I have arthritis (Reiter's Syndrome) and I occasionally experince fibromyalgia. I am also a doctoral student in Psychology at Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada, and myself and my advisor Mary Gick Ph.D. are conducting research on the well-being of people with arthritis. We are interested in examining how attitudes towards health are related to well-being and adjustment to arthritis. We hope that our study will add to a better understanding of the factors involved in successful coping for those who live with arthritis.

The online version of the study is now available at:
    http://www.carleton.ca/~fsirois/arthritis/index.htm

If you are have any form of arthritis (RA, Osteo, Lupus, AS, Fibromyalgia, Psoriatic , Sjogrens, etc.) and are interested in participating simply follow the above link and read over introduction page, then link to the survey. We estimate that the survey takes about 30-45 minutes to complete and all information will remain anonymous and confidential. If you have arthritis and live in Canada but feel uncomfortable with completing the online survey we can send you the survey package which includes instructions and a postage paid envelope for its return. We will also produce a brief online report of our findings for anyone interested in the Spring and post a notice here again when it is ready. Feel free to pass along the survey address to anyone else you know with arthritis who may be interested. Thanks so much for reading this and for your continued interest and support - this research doesn't happen without you!

Fuschia
  2. Fsirois

Fsirois New Member

Hello,
    My name is Fuschia and I have arthritis (Reiter's Syndrome) and I occasionally experince fibromyalgia. I am also a doctoral student in Psychology at Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada, and myself and my advisor Mary Gick Ph.D. are conducting research on the well-being of people with arthritis. We are interested in examining how attitudes towards health are related to well-being and adjustment to arthritis. We hope that our study will add to a better understanding of the factors involved in successful coping for those who live with arthritis.

The online version of the study is now available at:
    http://www.carleton.ca/~fsirois/arthritis/index.htm

If you are have any form of arthritis (RA, Osteo, Lupus, AS, Fibromyalgia, Psoriatic , Sjogrens, etc.) and are interested in participating simply follow the above link and read over introduction page, then link to the survey. We estimate that the survey takes about 30-45 minutes to complete and all information will remain anonymous and confidential. If you have arthritis and live in Canada but feel uncomfortable with completing the online survey we can send you the survey package which includes instructions and a postage paid envelope for its return. We will also produce a brief online report of our findings for anyone interested in the Spring and post a notice here again when it is ready. Feel free to pass along the survey address to anyone else you know with arthritis who may be interested. Thanks so much for reading this and for your continued interest and support - this research doesn't happen without you!

Fuschia