Copper or magnetic bracelets, anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kat_in_Texas, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I haven't seen a post on this, if there's a recent one floating around out there please accept my apologies!

Has anyone tried one of those copper bracelets or magnetic bracelets that are said to relieve pain?

My husband has arthritis in his thumbs on both hands. Nothing too severe, Tylenol usually helps him just fine. He had shown some interest in those magnetic bracelets for the past few months, evidentally a friend of his had success with one, but I could never convince him to try one. Well I found a beautiful brushed silver and gold bracelet at GolfSmith (my husband is a golf fanatic) and got it for him for Christmas. It's not copper but it does have the magnets, and was advertised as being used for pain relief for golfers.

My DH has worn it night and day ever since Christmas and he said today that he believes it is helping the pain and stiffness in his thumbs. He also said he is sleeping better, and thinks maybe the bracelet is helping that too. He thinks I should get one. I plan to, but frankly I haven't had the desire to get out of the house in a couple days. Maybe tomorrow I will go back to GolfSmith on my lunch hour and see if they carry bracelets for females.

I'm just curious if anyone here has tried either type of bracelet, copper or magnetic, and had any luck?

2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've used magnets since the 80's; started with athletic injuries. When they worked, kept gathering more as my pain hit other areas.

Now have wrist, back, neck, ankle wraps, and spot magnets for specific "hot" spots. They're one of my main pain relievers for those areas.

3. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I use a magnetic bracelet when my right arm aches. I find it helps for localised pain. It is a good idea to take it off for periods of time i.e., several hours rather than wear it all the time. I don't remember who told me that or why.

Have not used copper.
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I only use my wrist magnets when I'm typing; and the other wraps as needed.

The little "spot" magnets for my sciatica or my scapula pain can be left on for days, but then they'll start to itch, and I press to see if the pain is still there. If not, I remove them.

5. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

I have been wearing them on both of my wrists for nearly a year and it helps with my carpel tunnel. I do a lot of counted cross stitching and before I got them my hands would get completely numb in just a short time and I'd have to put it down for a few minutes until I could feel anything in my hands. They have helped a lot!<BR>