CoQ10 Experiences... Has it Helped Anyonelse???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz41, Aug 21, 2003.

1. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hello Everyone:

I have been seriously considering adding CoQ10 to my daily protocol, particularly because I have read that it helps with energy and fatigue. I start back at work as a counselor after Labor Day and really want to try to stay as healthy as possible. I have had only one flare this summer, however I know I have a stressful job in the schools and I come home to two kids. I would really appreciate any feedback on using CoQ10 and whether or not you noticed any difference. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Suz
  2. suz41

suz41 New Member

Bumping: Need Feedback Anyone, am trying to make healthy choices.

Suz
  3. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

I just started taking Lipitor and have been told that it can really worsen Fibro. CoQ10 is supposed to help. Anyone have anything positive or negative to contribute?
  4. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

I took Co Q10 100mg twice a day, it improved energy and alertness. It worked right away when I took it. I have stopped taking it because I am putting my money into acupuncture.
    Good luck.
    mitch
  5. Kim

Kim New Member

It helped with heart palpitations and headaches.
  6. suz41

suz41 New Member

Thanks for the info and feedback. Sounds like this might be helpful to add to my daily supplements, Lord knows I need as much energy as possible. Thanks again,

Suz
  7. healing

healing New Member

I take chewable CoQ10 100's 2xday AND I do acupuncture!

The CoQ10 really, really helped my energy level. Just be sure you get a reputable brand.
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

My response was the same as his.

I've taken it regularly for the past 2 years at least, along with all my other vitamins. I did notice a distinct 'lift' after only a couple of days of taking it. If I run out of it, I can eventually tell the difference if I don't replace it, unlike some of my other vitamins.

The other things I've notice that always give me a distinct difference in energy is acetyl-l-carnosine and tyrosine, and siberian ginseng. SAMe is also quite helpful, keeps soreness down and gives a 'lift' in energy also. Except that if I take too much for too long, I get 'word pressure' , which is babbling on and on about nothing... weird!

Good luck in returning to work!

Victoria
  9. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

It is 1 of the few supp. that I can definately tell the diff. when I take and when I do not.

I helped at pain arthritis clinic with huge persent fmers. I never heard a neg. comment. That is rare since with everything else what helps 1 can put another person in ER.

I will not take the new cholesterol meds. Side affects is muscle pain and I do not need anymore of that..YIKES

I use niacin or niacinamide. Which pharmacist awhile ago said is as good. I have lowered it but genetic pre.,plus with my lyme was told if those are not under control it will be a constant battle.
    Take Care....Huggsss
  10. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

Can anyone recommend a reputable brand? :)
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

is NOW; seems to work fine, I take a lot of their supplements.
  12. mje

mje New Member

Some time ago I tried 30 mg. of CoQ10, but did not see much effect. I now take 75 mg per day, and have felt a difference. May even step up to a higher dose after a few other steps I am taking for my health. For those with an
    elevated Cholestrol... I suggest taking a few raw almonds
    every day. (maybe about 10) I do not have elevated cholestrol, but a friend was advised to do this, and so I
    (and my husband) added this to our diet. I went down about 30 on my cholestrol test, and even asked the Dr. if they had
    changed the normals...not the case. I was puzzeled by the reduction until I remembered the almonds. My husband also
    had a reduction in his testing. You might give it some consideration. MJE
  13. victoria

victoria New Member

I take 200 mg of CoQ10, per my doctor's recommendation. Also, Dr. Teitlebaum's book recommends higher doses than you tried.

Good luck,
    Victoria
  14. kgg

kgg New Member

I buy it on the frequent buyer plan. The one I buy has I think vit E to help absorption.
  15. mje

mje New Member

Thanks.. first time anyone referred to my infrequent
    posts. I will step up the CoQ10 when I need to buy
    more. It is somewhat expensive, but if something helps I always think it is a bargain no matter what the price!!
    Have been diagnosed for 18 years with the DD, as CFM is often called. Therefore I can relate to almost all the postings her. Best Regards to all. MJE

16. victoria

victoria New Member

Please post what happens when you do step it up, okay?

Hugs, Victoria
  17. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

You may just have more energy. Helps circ. to heart. It is said we start to lose CoQ10 as we get older and that is why people tire faster. So it is for your heart too. We are suppossed to take double what the normal person would.

I cannot afford that much anymore. Yet try to keep up with it atleast 50mg.
  18. pixipip

pixipip New Member

it makes the difference between me being able o get out of bed or not I take 120mg a day, I went without for a weeks when I was so skint, ended up back in bed.