CoQ10

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AC77, Aug 15, 2003.

1. AC77

AC77 New Member

Was wondering who is on CoQ10 (conenzyme Q10) and what dose they found helpful, and what in particular it helps them with?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just wanted to say it's good to see you posting.

Love, Mikie
  3. isee

isee New Member

I have read your posts on brown seaweed extract, but I was wondering if you're also taking thyroid meds. Years ago the
    seaweed (norimake) I ate made me more alert and less tired. I was not taking thyroid meds as I am now.

I take Armour's (60mg a day) but it hasn't affected my fatigue. I only occasionally eat seaweed because I was concerned it might add too much iodine.

Anyhow, I was wondering if you also take thyroid meds with
    the brown seaweed extract.

Thanks,

Anna2
  4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Ok, Bek..

How much do you take and is this consistent, calm and productive energy? Where did you learn about this product? Are there any books, or articles written about it, or any docs using it?

I believe it works for you, but need a few more details..

I am so glad you found this as you may be disappointed with the OLE..with the itching problem..Did you get on just OLE with no added ingredients? in many instances, OLE may have fillers and not be processed in the best way..I have decided to go for the OLE, which I know is the purest form of it, and processed in the best way..Seagate

Plantscaper
    [This Message was Edited on 08/15/2003]
  5. AC77

AC77 New Member

SOrry. havent been reading posts much at all. Been incredible sick. Unknown why. But I am sure it will get better. Nice to see all ya guys again
  6. healing

healing New Member

Ace, I get 30 in my regular InVite vitamin liquicap. But, to help relieve my unrelenting fatigue, my doc has prescribed an additional 100 mg chewable CoQ10 2xday. It has helped me tremendously.

Hope you feel better soon.
  7. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I began by taking 100 mg of CoQ10 for about 3 months, but for the last month or so I've been taking 200 mgs every morning. I get the Rexall brand at Wal-mart. I really believe it has helped with my previously overwhelming fatigue. Since April, I've also been taking 10mgs Pamelor/Nortryptiline for sleep and Mobic for pain, & I suppose I've found a pretty good combination with these 3, so it's hard to say which one has helped the most. This summer, I've felt more like my old self than I had for years, but I still battle with some fatigue, so I plan to try the brown seaweed extract I've been reading about on this site. Best wishes to you! You've been very helpful to many here, including me!!!
  8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I take 60 mgs. every morning, and it has all but eliminated the palpitations from my leaking MVP.
    Klutzo
  9. kokobella

kokobella New Member

I know everyone is saying how great CoQ10 is, but I had a different experience.
    I was on a small dose (don't remember exact amount...but a small dose) and I started to lose my hair. Especially at the crown of my head and my temples. I also started having severe acne!
    I stopped it immediately when my dotor said it was CoQ10 causing these things to happen.
    It has taken about a year and a half to get my hair to start filling in again.
    So...I know everyone responds differently, but I thought I'd throw in my experience.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2003]
  10. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

I have been taking 75 mg of it once a day since March. It helps with fatigue. My integrative doctor suggested it. You need to take it with a little fat, if you were unaware. It is better digested that way.
  11. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Sorry to read you've been really sick.

I often take pure encapsulations brand of Co Q10 120 mg once or twice a day.

I buy it from my Naturopath's office.

I think I recall being told to take it with meals, esp fatty meals.

I think it helps a little. Not a lot, but a little.

jen F