Coral Calcium and Allergies to Shellfish - Warning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaLoonyTunes, Apr 19, 2003.

1. LindaLoonyTunes

LindaLoonyTunes New Member

Please be aware that you should not take coral calcium (it states this on the label) if you have an allergy to shellfish. I am allergic to crab (not lobster, shrimp, etc. just crab). I thought since I am only allergic to crab it would be alright. Ont the contrary, I found that when I took the coral calcium I kept having these "waves" of nausea throughout the day. I always felt like I didn't feel well. I stopped taking it and the nausea is gone. So be aware of this side affect and the allergy warning.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This rolled over to Page 2, so I want to bump it back up for others to see.

Love, Mikie
  3. LindaLoonyTunes

LindaLoonyTunes New Member

Bumping so other can read.
  4. Godslove

Godslove New Member

to shellfish but I have been on Coral Calcium (Bob Barefoot) for about 4 months now and haven't had any problems. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I have found it to be very beneficial. It's not a cure all but I do have more stamina, less pain, and less depression. I will continue taking it in order to get calcium that is readily absorbed.

Wish you could take it, it really has helped me.

Blessings of Health,
    Wanda
  5. kresna60

kresna60 New Member

You need to check out scamwatch dot com.........my mother and I purchased Bob Barefoot's Coral Calcium Supreme and told my brother about it. He then asked us to check out the website that I mentioned above and it was a real eye opener. I have stopped using it after reading that I had been dooped.

Good Health and Love to all

Kresna60
    [This Message was Edited on 05/27/2003]
  6. KayL

KayL New Member

My sister gave me a bottle of Coral Calcium last year, and I am allergic to Iodine and shellfish. I didn't read the label - OK, call me stupid - I took it for a few days and had quite a reaction, including triggering my asthma, plus it was passing through me not fully digested, if you get my drift.

DEFINITELY read labels, people. I've learned the hard way over the last few years to do my own research on any meds or supplements I'm taking. Don't depend on being told everything, you really do have to take the initiative to find out for yourself.

Karen
  7. selma

selma New Member

8. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Someone with a severe enough shellfish allergy could die taking Coral Calcium.