CORDYCEPS anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by meditationlotus, Apr 21, 2006.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

Dr. Weil recommends cordyceps for CFS. Anyone tried it?
    What were your results?
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

I think I posted this several months ago.

I took a couple of those mushroom pills and felt like I'd fallen into the fountain of youth. It was like suddenly being 25 years younger. I could breathe better; had a springy step; had ENERGY.

Most days I could accomplish 3 or 4 tasks: work (2 hours); stop at the market; do the dishes. The day I took the cordyceps I did 17 such projects.

Sad to say the effect wore off after one day even tho I contined to take the pills for a while.

It was a wonderful and frustrating experience.
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Have you tried it again since? I wonder if it would still do something if only taken once in a while.

I'm glad that you got a good day out of it!
    ((hugs)) Shannon
  4. meditationlotus

the key is to stay within our "energy envelope" and slowly add one or two tasks over several weeks.
  5. bct

bct Member

I've been taking it for about 4 months now. Do I notice a difference, not really, but then I take a number of other supplements, and consider Cordyceps just another that is working in synergy with them.

In other words, it is part of MY protocol for maintenance.

I respect Dr. Weil, just wish that raw garlic was easier to accommodate!

Best Wishes,
    Barry
  6. meditationlotus

Cordyceps probably does have a synergistic affect.
  7. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I've been taking 1 of these pills & 2 reshi mushroom pills for about 1 month. I take them with lots of other pills, so I can't say this is really an answer. I get them from my accupuncturist, tho you can order them online.

I've become more & more tired & often am out of breath when carrying something or stooping or bending. I'll give them about another 2 months to see if there's any difference for my FM/CFS.
  8. dorrene

dorrene New Member

Astragalus works better for me.
    Dorrene
  9. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

After I ran outta those pills I never tried them again. Never saw those pills again.

If I run across some I give it another shot.
  10. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I've never taken them...BUT back in my early days of this "stuff" one woman at an FM/CFS support group meeting said Cordyceps was one of her main supps.<BR>
    <BR>
    I just read some reviews on a site that sells them and more energy is mentioned in all the reviews...<BR>
    <BR>
    I can always use more energy so think I'll get a couple months worth and see.....
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 03/30/2013</i>]
  11. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

seven years later. I got some different cordyceps pills. They come in a&lt;BR&gt;
    plastic bottle with a dramatic label; has copper colored foil. Put out by&lt;BR&gt;
    a firm called Aloha.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    The pills had no effect whatsoever. I have said aloha to this product.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Rock
  12. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

you re-surface!!!! Yes, I had read your old comments on cordyceps and I guess with so many of our &quot;trys&quot; one may work for one and not another....aren't there like 300M people in this country.....trying stuff....&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I'm not ready to give up totally on trying stuff so giving it some thought....never did the mushroom supps...&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    jam
  13. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I tried cordyceps twice, once about 12 or 13 years ago and then maybe 2 years ago, with no results either way, good or bad.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I can identify with Rockgor's experience - 10 years ago 2,000 mg. of l-carnitine gave me fabulous energy for about a week, and then it stopped, never to return. 20 mg. of NADH did the same thing, and calcium pyruvate (tho' only 2 good days with the cp)&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    It makes me think that our bodies are capable of health and energy but there is some block. It's almost like torture, to feel good and have energy and then have it disappear and be unable to get it back --&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Mary